Brake Upgrade Options/Feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E320 2009 E550
Replaced Front Brakes And Rotor

The total cost with MB Parts $460.00.
I was going to use the Akebono Euro Ceramic pads The representative at Akebono gave me the part number EUR847. Akebono is a wholesaler. They told me to try www.tirerack.com. A search of tirerack did not list Akebono for my year. I call the representative they did not have any brand in stock for my year. Their web site recommended Premium ATE Original PremiumOne Pads. The garage recommended and installed the MB parts. I ran a search the next day at www.autopartswarehouse.com. They do stock the Akebono EUR847. I do not know anything about the auto parts warehouse other than their recommendation from google. I will try Akebono on the rear when I have to replace the pads and used the MB rotors
Old 03-27-2008, 11:50 PM

2005 MB E500
Originally Posted by E2233
The total cost with MB Parts $460.00.
I was going to use the Akebono Euro Ceramic pads The representative at Akebono gave me the part number EUR847. Akebono is a wholesaler. They told me to try www.tirerack.com. A search of tirerack did not list Akebono for my year. I call the representative they did not have any brand in stock for my year. Their web site recommended Premium ATE Original PremiumOne Pads. The garage recommended and installed the MB parts. I ran a search the next day at www.autopartswarehouse.com. They do stock the Akebono EUR847. I do not know anything about the auto parts warehouse other than their recommendation from google. I will try Akebono on the rear when I have to replace the pads and used the MB rotors
I don't have time to do my brake yet but from the look of it. I have to replace my rear rotor and pad. Got all OEM MB part for the rear about $156 shipped. 2 reart rotors and pads. My SA quoted me around $600. I was like yeah, I'll do it myself. If you're not a DIY type, then that would be a good price compare to the dealership. Only reason I'm still hanging around the dealer is b/c my car is still under warranty.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:24 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550
replacing pads and rotors

How to disable the SBC was my major concern. The local garage does not work on other MB without the SBC. I located all the information I could find on this site and gave it to the garage. They elected to use the one that car is locked and the key is placed away from the car in another area. They removed the pads and rotors. One rotor required a little extra work to take off. The car was lower after the installation and the brake was pumped five times and started and there were no warning on the display. A few of the posting seems to have some type of display error. So far no errors and the breaks feel much better. My car is also still under warranty. I do all the warranty work at the dealer. If there were something major that require special equipment I would use the dealer or find an independent that only works on MB. You might join the MB Club The Star and check your local news letters for recomemdations. The garage does many break job only thing is that SBC. You want to make sure they really understand that they can get hurt if they do not correctly disable the SBC.