E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Single arm windshield wiper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 ML350
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Not sure what you're disagreeing with. I think I touched on the fact that in the old days Mercedes would have spent the money and perfected the single-blade idea regardless of what the customer really "wanted". In those days it was what the engineers wanted.

M
I should have been more clear in my original response: you noted that now MB is an "engineering + customer driven" entity, and I feel that it's more cost driven than anything else.

On this issue for example, the old engineering company probably would've persevered and made the single blade system work better. But it probably moved to the more common 2 blade system to cut additional R&D costs that would've been required to improve upon a great concept.

And as for being customer driven, I'm of the opinion that people on this forum are of the extreme minority in the MB ownership community: most owners would probably accept what MB gives them in terms of products and features if they were reliable and didn't cause them to be late for appointment/lunch/dinner/movie/date...
Old 02-15-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E320 CDI
Mine still works well, I like it. I find that if it rains hard enough to require high speed, it's time to get off of the road.