E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

03 E500 Sport Performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 BMW X5 SAV
Do you guys know if the air tube from S550 will fit the '08 E350. I'd like to swap that tube also... Thank you.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
911's and beyond
Originally Posted by Tymah123
Do you guys know if the air tube from S550 will fit the '08 E350. I'd like to swap that tube also... Thank you.
just get the s500 tube to be safe its direct fitment..
Old 02-19-2008, 05:26 PM

2011 BMW X5 SAV
Originally Posted by Abboushi
just get the s500 tube to be safe its direct fitment..
Thanks, Abb. Any specific year or it doesn't matter?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:03 PM

911's and beyond
Originally Posted by Tymah123
Thanks, Abb. Any specific year or it doesn't matter?
any w221 2000-2006 will do..
Old 02-19-2008, 10:11 PM

03 E500 Sport, 03 Eddie Bauer Explorer, 06 Pro Street Chopper
any w221 2000-2006 will do..
Did you mean to say 211?

Also, I started the process. Everythings on order and am waiting for it's arrival. My local track is closed for the season so, I wasn't able to make a pass before the mods. I basically am doing all the mods you and many others have done(Ecu tune, sprintbooster, x-pipe, mufflers and air filters). I really want to try an airbox. Someone suggested using an E55 box. Will it fit? And do you think it would breathe better. I'd like to find a used RennTech. I've been looking and hadn't found anything yet. What else is out there that's comparable to this? I'm still contemplating removing the flaps you suggest to remove. Looking at it from outside the grill. It is a direct entrance to the tube. The grill may stop debris but, I see water in either heavy rain or high speed in rain entering into the tube. You say other models do not have the flap. But, what else is there behind their grills to deflect water. I'm not trying to argue. I'm using logic.
Also, I'm going to use Remus. A local shop is removing the mid-reso right now and installing an X-pipe. Hopefully when I install the remus muff's the interior rumble isn't going to be to loud. We'll see. I read where you kept your reso on. What was the reason for this? And what mufflers did you use?

When I get some good weather I'll post some pic's. I have 19" wheels and want to know if they're AMG's or just the Sport models.

Last edited by captrivers; 02-19-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by captrivers
Did you mean to say 211?

Also, I started the process. Everythings on order and am waiting for it's arrival. My local track is closed for the season so, I wasn't able to make a pass before the mods. I basically am doing all the mods you and many others have done(Ecu tune, sprintbooster, x-pipe, mufflers and air filters). I really want to try an airbox. Someone suggested using an E55 box. Will it fit? And do you think it would breathe better. I'd like to find a used RennTech. I've been looking and hadn't found anything yet. What else is out there that's comparable to this? I'm still contemplating removing the flaps you suggest to remove. Looking at it from outside the grill. It is a direct entrance to the tube. The grill may stop debris but, I see water in either heavy rain or high speed in rain entering into the tube. You say other models do not have the flap. But, what else is there behind their grills to deflect water. I'm not trying to argue. I'm using logic.
Also, I'm going to use Remus. A local shop is removing the mid-reso right now and installing an X-pipe. Hopefully when I install the remus muff's the interior rumble isn't going to be to loud. We'll see. I read where you kept your reso on. What was the reason for this? And what mufflers did you use?

When I get some good weather I'll post some pic's. I have 19" wheels and want to know if they're AMG's or just the Sport models.
Yeah, post some pics of the ride. The car won't be too loud without the resonators and x-pipe but it might be with the Remus. Where did you end up getting the x-pipe??? Also, personally I wouldn't remove the flap or grill or anything allowing direct access through the airbox. I had a CF RENNtech airbox on my W210 E55 and loved it, very nice! I would look for a 55 airbox and I think it might fit but not sure. Swap out the air filters at least until you figure it out. Btw, the crappy foam RENNtech filters are garbage so don't get those or purchase them if your find the RENNtech airbox. I would go with like K&N or something. Some people don't like K&N but I've used them on every car I've owned including M3's, E55, etc. and they worked great!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:42 AM

Where did you end up getting the x-pipe???
The shop is custom making it.

I bought some Green Filters for now. I've read plenty of controversy about these filters deteriorating early on. They only had a few cases of this and bad news travels much longer and faster than good. They are supposed to have a handle on that prob now. I've always used K&N also. You have to be careful not to over lubricate, that will definitely cause prob's. I bought the green filters to see what the hypes about. If they are crap. I'll just get a set of K&N's. No biggy.

Before I get the RT box, I'll try to find a comparison to the 55. And find out if the 55 box will even work. Hopefully there's someone following this thread that may know.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I bought some Green Filters for now. I've read plenty of controversy about these filters deteriorating early on. They only had a few cases of this and bad news travels much longer and faster than good. They are supposed to have a handle on that prob now. I've always used K&N also. You have to be careful not to over lubricate, that will definitely cause prob's. I bought the green filters to see what the hypes about. If they are crap. I'll just get a set of K&N's. No biggy.

Before I get the RT box, I'll try to find a comparison to the 55. And find out if the 55 box will even work. Hopefully there's someone following this thread that may know.
I completely forgot about Green filters. I hear they're great and the positive comments outweight the negative on those. Yes, if you over lubricate the K&N's you'll run into MAF problems and you don't want that!

Where the pics. of your ride buddy???
Old 02-20-2008, 01:00 PM

911's and beyond

-My exhaust setup is a magnaflow catback, @ magnaflow mufflers, oem reso. (to keep sound down), X pipe, y-pipe for my quad tips..
-As far as E55 airbox If i find a used 1 i will try it but it may need modifications to fit because the airflow is different but we will see and i will post up if all goes well.
-flaps on the e-class are blocking debris,bugs light water and AIR.. but to me i seen a diff in pulling power when i did the airtube and opening the flap ex.
My cousin has a g35c from a light and while driving was always able to pull on me by 1/2 CL and then after i did my airtubes,KNs,Flap opening i was consistently able to pull on him by 1/2CL after my exhaust setup on the fwy i pull full CL on him and then I did ECU. my 1/4 with 20's avg. (after learning to launch correct) 14.18@100 then with my 17's best was 13.88
Old 02-20-2008, 01:05 PM

911's and beyond
the SL and CLK you can see them in Pics but there is no cover, My uncle has an sl500 and my cousin the CL500 No cover.. thats where I made my choice but like is said Ive had no problems at all just my expierience
Look at the airtubes and the opening
2001 s500
Old 02-20-2008, 02:23 PM

Yes, I see what you're saying "no covers". But, their tubes are set farther to the outside than ours. Not seeing the hood closed. I assume this sets the openings behind the front of the hood. Not behind the grill like ours. On theirs, that portion of the hood they sit behind. Will block water from entering.

I see on Benzworld, there are a few people selling CF boxes. Will a C55 box work on this E? And what other boxes could possibly work?

jimmy, the weathers been crap around here lately. I just got home from the muffler shop having the reso removed and an X-pipe installed. I snapped a pic just now. Does this forum have a gallery? If not, what other way can I get it on here.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, I see what you're saying "no covers". But, their tubes are set farther to the outside than ours. Not seeing the hood closed. I assume this sets the openings behind the front of the hood. Not behind the grill like ours. On theirs, that portion of the hood they sit behind. Will block water from entering.

I see on Benzworld, there are a few people selling CF boxes. Will a C55 box work on this E? And what other boxes could possibly work?

jimmy, the weathers been crap around here lately. I just got home from the muffler shop having the reso removed and an X-pipe installed. I snapped a pic just now. Does this forum have a gallery? If not, what other way can I get it on here.
First and foremost, how do you like the sound???

Go to www.photobucket.com and set up a free account. Upload your pics. there, once uploaded click on the "IMG Code" box of the picture you want and then right-click and paste it in a post in here.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:41 PM

Looking at my flaps I'll just leave them on. They unlatch and open. I can close em in bad weather. Honestly, as for as performance gains go. I don't think it matters either way. I'm really considering an airbox. If anybody sees one or has one they wanna sell. PM me.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is what I'm driving (friend's car), hopefully for a long while until I get my W211 E55:
Old 02-20-2008, 04:24 PM

Here it is. Let me remind you this is for my wife. The only time I drive it is when it's either dirty or it needs an oil change. I bought this for her and my son for safety reasons. This is my second MB. It was either a MB or a Volvo. I only started liking the look of Mercedes in the late 90's. So, I went with MB. She thinks I'm crazy as hell for spending the money on these mod's. But, since I get to drive every now and then. Hell why not make it worth my wild.

There's barely any difference in sound with just the X-pipe. I expect the sound to change when I install the muff's. Can you or someone else tell me what type of rims are on this car they're 19"'s with 235mm tires.

Last edited by captrivers; 02-20-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:01 PM

2005 C55
If they dont say AMG anywhere on them then they are some replica wheel, maybe TSW bremas. Looks good but the 235m tire size is smaller than stock which is 245. I'd get the tires changed since that will affect your handling. If your rims are not staggered the correct size should be 245/35/19 .
Old 02-21-2008, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 559EVO
If they dont say AMG anywhere on them then they are some replica wheel, maybe TSW bremas. Looks good but the 235m tire size is smaller than stock which is 245. I'd get the tires changed since that will affect your handling. If your rims are not staggered the correct size should be 245/35/19 .
+1
Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 AM

I was planning on using 245's next time I needed tires. These 235's came on the car and are brand new. No, they're not staggered and that's a relief. My 230 was staggered and I hated not being able to rotate.

+1
jimmy, what does this mean?

Abb, I left the flaps open on my drive to work this morning. It rained last night and was still drizzling. This combined with road mist from other vehicles left water in the tubes. I'd hate to see how much water would get ingested in a heavy down pour at speed. I'll leave the flaps on and wait for a box to get any gains from this system.

I installed the Green Filters yestarday and ordered Remus muff's. I'm sending the ECU off Monday.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:06 PM

911's and beyond
I was planning on using 245's next time I needed tires. These 235's came on the car and are brand new. No, they're not staggered and that's a relief. My 230 was staggered and I hated not being able to rotate.

Abb, I left the flaps open on my drive to work this morning. It rained last night and was still drizzling. This combined with road mist from other vehicles left water in the tubes. I'd hate to see how much water would get ingested in a heavy down pour at speed. I'll leave the flaps on and wait for a box to get any gains from this system.

I installed the Green Filters yestarday and ordered Remus muff's. I'm sending the ECU off Monday.
Moving along pretty Quick, I found out that the 55 airbox will BOLT-ON with no modifications..I will bee getting mine on Mon. and let you know how that turns out and see if I feel any diff.
NEXT lol... Is Lowering
Washers - $1.00
Electronic Lowering Module (ELM) -$400-1100
Lowering Links-$250
S-class links -$150

and get a flat badge instead of the stick up emblem. dealer has them for 12.00 from SL500

p.s. +1 (means he also agrees to the statement)
Old 02-21-2008, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

+1 means that I agree with the previous comment. If someone agrees with my agreement they put +2 and so on and so forth, lol. Is that what you were asking?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Abboushi
Moving along pretty Quick, I found out that the 55 airbox will BOLT-ON with no modifications..I will bee getting mine on Mon. and let you know how that turns out and see if I feel any diff.
NEXT lol... Is Lowering
Washers - $1.00
Electronic Lowering Module (ELM) -$400-1100
Lowering Links-$250
S-class links -$150

and get a flat badge instead of the stick up emblem. dealer has them for 12.00 from SL500

p.s. +1 (means he also agrees to the statement)
By the way, I was just told by someone selling a W211 E55 airbox that it won't fit! How did you find out that it will Abboushi???
Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 PM

911's and beyond
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
By the way, I was just told by someone selling a W211 E55 airbox that it won't fit! How did you find out that it will Abboushi???
Vadim@vrp Very Knowledgeable about MB especially about the 55's.. I trust his word and can consider it Gold. He is the source of my interest in the airbox to begin with.
He had a customer with a W215 cl500 and added a S/C and changed the airbox and plugs and on Dyno seen a 30hp Increase after the SC install I changed my plugs to the e3 plugs and with this airbox Im hoping to see some gains especially with the ECU upgrade it should really kick in but again its an idea and I will see on monday!
Im getting 1 off of an SL55.. he said it should bolt-on I will see later tonite to see if my Uncles SL500 airbox will fit on my w211..
Old 03-07-2008, 10:34 AM

He had a customer with a W215 cl500 and added a S/C and changed the airbox and plugs
what does S/C stand for?

Here's what I've got so far:
-Green filters - better air-flow / definitely recommend
-Eurobahn ECU Tune - loads of low end, much more gitty-up / definitely a good upgrade.
-Sprint Booster - eliminates throttle lag / not necassary for the mod process.
-I received my REMUS exhaust last-night but have 290' of Cedar fence to install at my house before I get to them.
+ cosmetic upgrades will post pics and clips when complete.

Last edited by captrivers; 03-07-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what does S/C stand for?

Here's what I've got so far:
-Green filters - better air-flow / definitely recommend
-Eurobahn ECU Tune - loads of low end, much more gitty-up / definitely a good upgrade.
-Sprint Booster - eliminates throttle lag / not necassary for the mod process.
-I received my REMUS exhaust last-night but have 290' of Cedar fence to install at my house before I get to them.
+ cosmetic upgrades will post pics and clips when complete.
S/C=SuperCharger. Is anyone going to be doing any dynos to see if there are any gains with airboxes and ECU tunes???
Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Banned

na
Hey Capt,

Any chance of having installed pictures?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 03 E500 Sport Performance upgrades