E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Touch Up Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350 4matic
Touch Up Paint

Which touch-up paint do you guys recommend? is the MB one from the service center any good? I read something about another type thats in a marker type applicator? Also heard it might be better to apply with a toothpick so you dont apply too much. whats your thoughts?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
I bought the MB touch up paint and repaired a spot about 1/2" long. It did a nice job. but before you use it go to the websites for the other paints and read how it is done. You must fill the hole in the paint, keep it flush with the top coat, then a series of smooth and buff to get it right. Not that difficult, just don't rush and keep a copy of how to's when you do the touch up. The paint code will be at the bottom of the driver door on the chassy by the door pillar.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by phlylilazn
Which touch-up paint do you guys recommend? is the MB one from the service center any good? I read something about another type thats in a marker type applicator? Also heard it might be better to apply with a toothpick so you dont apply too much. whats your thoughts?
In addition you should get a LANGKA Blob Eliminator kit for working on all minor chips and scratches. I am a fanatic. I like to keep the paintwork on my vehicles in tip top condition. I use LANGKA for minor chips and scratches on my vehicles (following the use of touch up paint). Let me know if you need tips on using the product on MB paint.

I only use MB touch up paint from MB.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
try ur best not to use it.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
I prefer the DR Color Chip to the marker or bottle of touchup paint. http://www.drcolorchip.com/ It appears to be similar to the Langka system. I have used it on both cars with good success.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by vettdvr
I bought the MB touch up paint and repaired a spot about 1/2" long. It did a nice job. but before you use it go to the websites for the other paints and read how it is done. You must fill the hole in the paint, keep it flush with the top coat, then a series of smooth and buff to get it right. Not that difficult, just don't rush and keep a copy of how to's when you do the touch up. The paint code will be at the bottom of the driver door on the chassy by the door pillar.
That's what I did, I went to MB to buy the paint to touch up a chip on the lower front bumper.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: Touch Up Paint

I'm pretty much like Pinebaron, very picky about chips, scratches, and routinely keep my cars touched up as needed.

Also suggest you go with MB touch up paint, use Langka as directed (after allowing the MB paint/clear to dry for 24 hours), and then use Megiars #9 to polish the paint area after using Langka.

I have had very good results using these products in sequence with a bit of patience. You can achieve results where only you will ever see/know where a scratch or chip was.