E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Thinking of buying used E-class?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 12:37 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500 AMG pkg
As I said, I looked hard at the diesels ('05/'06), but will not pay a $7500 premium over the same car, same year with E320 gas engine. I would never make up for the that price premium with fuel savings for the time I would own the car (especially with time value of money, interest rates, tax...). I was thinking about waiting for the '09 ML320bluetec, but saw some info on the E500 that peaked my interest. Then saw MBusa had a fully loaded AMG E500, and just had to try it. It gets the same milage as a diesel SUV, and much better MPG than a gas SUV, and just so much more fun. That v8 is just amazing, but what really sells the car for me is the chassis tuning with air suspension and adjustable shocks, along with dynamic seats (more adjustments that I need for my back, side bolsters that fill with air as you go through turn, massage function...). I have been really disappointed with my test drives of the '05 CDI diesel and even the '08 diesel. The 16" rims are just unacceptable, and the suspension is just too soft. The seats are just not supportive enough (just me and my perspective, coming from BMW firm seats). Now that I have been driving with air susp/adj.shocks and dynamic seats, I will refuse to even look at an E-class without them. If fact, these options are what "allowed" me to settle on MB again -- otherwise I would have bought a 5 series (as said, was also looking at ML320bluetec because air suspension will be stand-along-option; but didn't really want a SUV). The AMG looks are just icing on the cake. I have driven a lot german cars, including on the Autobahn, but this E500 with AMG car is special/rare (especially when in the market for a couple/several-year-old used car; havn't tried and don't want to pay new price for E550).
Old 05-11-2008, 11:18 AM

GNMA, Your MB is the best looking E that I have seen for 05. From the side profile,it almost looks like an 07 or 08. That AMG package was 4K in 05? Now I know why they are rare. I believe the AMG package is now 2K The only thing that stinks about my 07 E Saks is it does not have the paddles on the steering wheel. Has all the other AMD package stuff though. I dont know why MB left the paddles off mine.
Nickel
Old 05-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 AMG pkg
Originally Posted by Nickelmania-Dal
GNMA, Your MB is the best looking E that I have seen for 05. From the side profile,it almost looks like an 07 or 08. That AMG package was 4K in 05? Now I know why they are rare. I believe the AMG package is now 2K The only thing that stinks about my 07 E Saks is it does not have the paddles on the steering wheel. Has all the other AMD package stuff though. I dont know why MB left the paddles off mine.
Nickel
I may be wrong, but I believe the AMG price in '05 was in the high $4's, I believe $4900. I would have a difficult time paying full price, but will gladly pay the deprectiated value now.

That black does look great. I didn't think my pewter would look that good, until I saw it in person with all the chrome and wheels.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
GNMA, Your MB is the best looking E that I have seen for 05. From the side profile,it almost looks like an 07 or 08. That AMG package was 4K in 05? Now I know why they are rare. I believe the AMG package is now 2K Nickel
Thank you and oilbelcher for the kind words. $4K+ for an "all show no go" body kit is a lot of money. (But then again a set of tires with BBS or HRE rims will set one back the same), so I imagine folks did not opt too much for it.

ANd yes, its interesting to see the AMG kit now is about $2K, which seems more reasonable. (I wish I too had the cross-drilled rotors).

Nice looking ride Nickelmania.

Oilbelcher, congrats, and post pics!! (PS. the dynamic seats are AMAZING - I don't think they are offered any more, but not sure).

And yes also to the amazing V8 motor, and its awesome MPG on the highway. North of 26+.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by gnma
Thank you and oilbelcher for the kind words. $4K+ for an "all show no go" body kit is a lot of money. (But then again a set of tires with BBS or HRE rims will set one back the same), so I imagine folks did not opt too much for it.

ANd yes, its interesting to see the AMG kit now is about $2K, which seems more reasonable. (I wish I too had the cross-drilled rotors).

Nice looking ride Nickelmania.

Oilbelcher, congrats, and post pics!! (PS. the dynamic seats are AMAZING - I don't think they are offered any more, but not sure).

And yes also to the amazing V8 motor, and its awesome MPG on the highway. North of 26+.
Thank you gnma. My E350 is sort of an odd ball. It was NOT listed as an AMG package option. Instead it was listed as option 749 "Key to the Cure Edition" This was a $8225.00 option on the base car. Came with leather,pano roof,nav and AMG stuff and a few other things. Something that Saks Fifth Stores and MB worked on together to help cure cancer. I believe there 1000 built.
Nickel
Old 05-12-2008, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
Thank you gnma. My E350 is sort of an odd ball. It was NOT listed as an AMG package option. Instead it was listed as option 749 "Key to the Cure Edition" This was a $8225.00 option on the base car. Came with leather,pano roof,nav and AMG stuff and a few other things. Something that Saks Fifth Stores and MB worked on together to help cure cancer. I believe there 1000 built.
Nickel
Just beautiful

I will say that the $4K+ optioned AMG body kit I referred to above also included the staggered AMG rims and low profile tire combo, so it wasn't just a "body kit", and that makes more sense.

Would like to see pics. of your car.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by gnma
Just beautiful

I will say that the $4K+ optioned AMG body kit I referred to above also included the staggered AMG rims and low profile tire combo, so it wasn't just a "body kit", and that makes more sense.

Would like to see pics. of your car.
My Saks also came with the staggered low profile wheels and tires. The tires dont last long. My E now has 24K on it and the tires are almost bald. I will try to get pics. You can also Google "Mercedes E Saks Fifth Avenue" A lot of photos will pop up. Also there is another man on this forum with my car. He has a lot of pics. If you do a forum search on E Saks
Nickel
Old 05-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 AMG pkg
see my recent post under thread: "61K miles too many? Good deal-2005 E500 sport". this show how I priced my used car.