E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Blacked Out Wood or Not

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Its called Black Birdseye Maple. The interior is called cognac and was only available with the sport package in my MY.
I was under the impression that cognac was available with the sport package in all US 211 models from MY07+

I always loved the cognac/black and sahara/black interiors, they look great with both birdseye and burl walnut, just a bit different.

I also liked the Umber Maple that came only on the MY2007 211 Designo Espresso models, I was so sad they switched back to poplar.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
I was under the impression that cognac was available with the sport package in all US 211 models from MY07+.
With my quote I was making a reference to the sport package availability and NOT the luxury package (std). HTH
Old 05-05-2008, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its called Black Birdseye Maple. The interior is called cognac and was only available with the sport package in my MY.
What paint did you get with that interior?
Old 05-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
What paint did you get with that interior?
Pewter or if you will Cubanitsilber. Take your pick.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Pewter or if you will Cubanitsilber. Take your pick.
Tansanitblau is better.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by AsianML
Tansanitblau is better.
Junior; if you gonna try make sure all of it is correct because that color will not go with my interior color.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Junior; if you gonna try make sure all of it is correct because that color will not go with my interior color.

I happen to think peraklesgrün and tanzanitblau would go very well with the cognac interior, but that is not a standard combination for the US market. If possible at all, it would be special order.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I happen to think peraklesgrün and tanzanitblau would go very well with the cognac interior, but that is not a standard combination for the US market. If possible at all, it would be special order.

Those aren't even approved color combos in Germany.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63

Internet Brands, amdeutsch is bullying me!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Those aren't even approved color combos in Germany.
I am not sure what you are reading, but may I suggest using the BYO feature on the mercedes.de site, I can assure you that the combinations are possible without a surcharge above the leather charge.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I am not sure what you are reading, but may I suggest using the BYO feature on the mercedes.de site, I can assure you that the combinations are possible without a surcharge above the leather charge.
You are correct. My older pricing sheet didn't show it. The 'Konfigurator' is showing it as an option; Green is shown as not recommended but blue is shown as acceptable on the latest pricing sheet.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:02 PM

2006 CLK 350 Fog City, CA, USA
Will the factory make the car in any combo of leather and wood as long as you pay for it??

OR are some Combo so terrible that Mercedes will refuse or give an excuse not to do it???
Old 05-06-2008, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by unitfreebie
Will the factory make the car in any combo of leather and wood as long as you pay for it??

OR are some Combo so terrible that Mercedes will refuse or give an excuse not to do it???
As far as I have seen, MB will build any color combination for buyers outside of the US/NA. Since the cars are so cheap in the US, option and color choices are limited.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:38 AM

Very Interesting!!!

So you are saying that a US/NA customer cannot custom order any leather color and paint color regardless of the cost?

Also I thought that Mercedes cars were cheaper in Germany than in America, otherwise why would people buy it through European Delivery?

Old 05-07-2008, 05:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very Interesting!!!

So you are saying that a US/NA customer cannot custom order any leather color and paint color regardless of the cost?

Also I thought that Mercedes cars were cheaper in Germany than in America, otherwise why would people buy it through European Delivery?

It may be possible, in the past there US customers could order nearly whatever they wanted. It may be possible now to order any combination off the US palette, but there is a huge designo collection that the US market has no access to (and a lot of other options).

Mercedes-Benz sells their cars to the US market for about half of what they charge the rest of the world. European delivery is no different from ordering a car from the factory (instead of buying one off the lot), but the buyer gets to drive the car before it gets on the boat (plus the 7% savings and no delivery charge).
Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 AM

So the days of a US customer walking into the dealer showroom buying a customized car and telling them to match the color of his wife's skirt is gone?

So if the US/NA buyer pays only 1/2 for his Mercedes, then why don't the rest of the World come to the US and buy their car new or used and ship it back to their home country? OR better yet, just buy it directly from the factory at 1/2 price?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
So the days of a US customer walking into the dealer showroom buying a customized car and telling them to match the color of his wife's skirt is gone?

So if the US/NA buyer pays only 1/2 for his Mercedes, then why don't the rest of the World come to the US and buy their car new or used and ship it back to their home country? OR better yet, just buy it directly from the factory at 1/2 price?

Taxes,
Shipping,
Insurance,
Government regulations,
and the list goes on and on and on.............

Old 05-07-2008, 02:04 PM

OH...you're right .. a lots of Government regulations will kill anything...

But I have heard somewhere that due to the very weak American dollar, the Germans (maybe others too?) are coming over here to the US and buying up Used Mercedes/ Porsches and shipping them back to Germany???

Have you heard anything about that?
Old 05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
OH...you're right .. a lots of Government regulations will kill anything...

But I have heard somewhere that due to the very weak American dollar, the Germans (maybe others too?) are coming over here to the US and buying up Used Mercedes/ Porsches and shipping them back to Germany???

Have you heard anything about that?
Haven't read much about the Germans doing it, but a lot of Canadians are doing it. Apparently MB Canada is price gouging for the exact same cars so a lot of Canadian buyers are coming to the U.S., buying the cars, bringing them back and pay the couple grand to get it to Canadian specs. Most of the time it still ends up cheaper than buying from a Canadian dealer.

I've been seeing a lot of Canadian buyers posting lately about doing this. A lot of dealer's ads on eBay and such are emphasising on some of their ads that the cars can be exported...aimed at Canadian buyers.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 AM

Are Canadian specs more tough than US ????

What exactly needs to be done to a US MBZ inorder to import into Canada??

AND approximately how much would it cost??
Old 05-08-2008, 06:14 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Are Canadian specs more tough than US ????

What exactly needs to be done to a US MBZ inorder to import into Canada??

AND approximately how much would it cost??
There are several posts on this; 1 or 2 even mention a website where those requirements might be listed. It pays to search.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:28 AM

Thanks.. the search shows that Mercedes of Canada is the culprit setting the import conversion/cost to protect their dealers from used US Mercedes flooding into their country! Should've known!