Important trasmission safety incident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009 | 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by Dlau
Hi,

This thread was discussed awhile back, seems like no one have this problem again, or we just get used to it? I just experience the transmission slipped into netural by itself while accelerating 3 times in the past 2 months. The first time happened to me was 2 months ago. I was accelerating from a red light normally and when the car reached about 30-40mph, the gear just slipped into netural by itself with the rpm shoot right to 5000 + rmp and the car starts decelerating with no power. It was a dangerous situation as the cars following behind rushed towards my rear and have no idea why I am slowing down. My both hands were on the steering wheel and the shifter still on "D" and the dash clearly display "D". The car acts normal again as I slow to a near stop and the gear just reengaged itself. I explained the problem to the dealer service advisor and of course the result was "can not replicate the problem, so no problem found."

In the last 2 week, the problem re-occur twice. I am really worry.
Anyone has this problem again?
Times 2. I also experienced the same thing and got the same answer.
"can not replicate the problem, so no problem found."
Old 01-02-2010 | 04:04 PM

1999 e320
dangerous downshift

be careful...i am the original owner of 1999 e320...i loved that car...it almost killed me yesterday on a downshift at 40mph on a slightly slushy decline...the car is totaled...i'm out of the hospital...sore neck, ice and anti inflammatory drugs...do not neglect or ignore transmission issues...the good news is the car really wrecks itself well....there were three cops there and they were amazed at how well the car held up...question will the onboard diagnostics show exactly what failed?