E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Glove Box Accessories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 11:12 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glove Box Accessories

Picked up a new E-500. I noticed that there are a number of slots and small holders in the passenger's side in-dash glove box.

What are these for and should there be something in their place I didn't receive?

I also pose the same question with regard to the small storage bins under the front seats.

Appreciate the feedback.

LC
Old 12-12-2002, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Glove Box Accessories

Originally posted by Leslie
Picked up a new E-500. I noticed that there are a number of slots and small holders in the passenger's side in-dash glove box.

What are these for and should there be something in their place I didn't receive?

I also pose the same question with regard to the small storage bins under the front seats.

Appreciate the feedback.

LC
you can put a pen and some paper in the glove box, and under the driver seat, it is for storage, under the passenger seat, there should be a first aid kit
Old 12-12-2002, 01:07 PM

Under the driver's seat is a fire extuinguisher!!?!!?
Old 12-12-2002, 06:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'23 EQE 350 4MATIC
Re: Glove Box Accessories

Originally posted by Leslie

LC
The slots to the right side of the glove box is for coins (quarters). The indentation near the glove box lid can hold a small Maglite flashlight (the one that holds 2 AAA batteries).
Old 12-12-2002, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Re: Glove Box Accessories

Originally posted by saintvir
The slots to the right side of the glove box is for coins (quarters). The indentation near the glove box lid can hold a small Maglite flashlight (the one that holds 2 AAA batteries).
yea thats the right maglite, damn, i am really wowed by the flashlights, its all steel, a back up light, and very very bright, even though its small
Old 12-13-2002, 12:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Thanks

Am grateful for the feedback.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:41 AM

2009 E350
mine didnt come w/ anythinng. I have an ipod in the slot and a pen in lieu of a flashlight.
I have an led light under the seat. Dont need a stink'in POS that MB calls a 1st aid kit.

No fire extuinguisher. This aint no track car.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:53 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by kosmo
mine didnt come w/ anythinng. I have an ipod in the slot and a pen in lieu of a flashlight.
I have an led light under the seat. Dont need a stink'in POS that MB calls a 1st aid kit.

No fire extuinguisher. This aint no track car.
First aid comes with the car in the passenger seat compartment. Fire extinguisher is meant to go in the compartment under driver's seat, but US cars don't come with that. My wife uses that to store a small purse on long trips.

I have the vehicle registration and state insurance ID card in the small slot on the glove compartment door.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:13 PM

2013 CLS550, 2013 GLK350 4-Matic
Originally Posted by Oggie (on L.I.)
First aid comes with the car in the passenger seat compartment. Fire extinguisher is meant to go in the compartment under driver's seat, but US cars don't come with that.
Need both those things to legally drive the Autobahn in Germany, and they need to be located under the front seats, Fire Extinguisher on left and first aid kit on right. A friend just picked up a new M3 eurodelivery in Munich. It had the fire extinguisher, first aid kit and "safety triangle". Before they ship the car to the US, BMW removes all three items (so he grabbed them first and brought them home). MB seems to let us keep the first aid kit.
Mike
Old 05-04-2012, 11:30 PM

2004 e320 4matic
I use the slot in the glovebox for my ipod when im using the aux input and the storage bin under the seat holds my mini umbrella perfectly.