E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

ALARM IDEAS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E350
ALARM IDEAS?

Anyone use any particular alarm or recommend a certain alarm, cause I have called alot of installers and most of them are stating that they cannot do install based on wiring comp0lications.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
1. The car has an "alarm" from the factory.
2. They are very difficult to steal.
3. You won't want it back if its recovered after it was stolen.
4. You DON'T want anyone splicing into this car's wireing system.
5. Word from here is don't do it.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
One can add a (EURO) Interior Motion Sensor to the Factory Alarm on the W211
It Replaces the Center dome light assy..and Opens after a delay and detects Motion from a broken Window also great if one leaves the windows down and locks the car..If anyone sticks a hand inside the area the alarm sounds

I Have it on our W211 it works great!

Yet another Option the USA cars dont get
Old 06-02-2008, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
That interior motion sensor sounds nice. How much did it cost you? Does it only detect movement within the car or outside as well? Does the domelight look any different and do you lose any domelight functionality?

My friends 2007 BMW 530i came with this option. The BMW also had an option through the remote to disable the radar sensor as well. I wonder if the CLK convertible, SL, and SLK come with this standard, it would be ideal for those cars.

Yeah, wouldn't recommend putting an aftermarket alarm on it, wiring is too complicated on these new benzes (this is coming from a guy who manufacturers car alarms for a living). Also, would require a bypass module for the door lock system (and a very expensive one at that) and the only known models that this module works on are 2002 or 2003 C32 AMG (I don't know why).

However, there is a downside with the factory system: they are 315 MHz. and are code rolling (only have about a 1000 codes stored), not 433 MHz. (better range) and code hopping (have well over 1 trillion codes stored). If one has a code grabber (not that I would ) you could pick up one's transmitter signal when they lock or unlock their car and copy their code.

If anything the only things I would recommend are:
Euro. interior motion sensor, which is a microwave radar sensor (it's OEM, designed for benzes) which will detect movement within the vehicle, OR
Aftermarket sensor add-on to factory alarm unit (which can either add a dual stage shock, glass, or radar sensor to the car). Would have a warn-away feature that sounds the horn a couple of times to warn others away. Big disadvantage is again, there is cutting of the wires (only a few though).

Overall, I would go with the factory euro. sensor. Gonna look into this myself, thank you Mark.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
I have this on both my cars and it works great.

LoJack with Early Warning.

If the car moves and the "Fab" that goes on my keychain
is not with the car. It calls my Cellphone, Texts Me, Calls my Home
and Office all within a few seconds. Then its got the LoJack
if they get that far. As other have said. They are hard to steal.
But a flatbed is the method of choice. Get the Early Warning.
It works great.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E350
Whom did you have install the Lojack?

Originally Posted by bltserv
I have this on both my cars and it works great.

LoJack with Early Warning.

If the car moves and the "Fab" that goes on my keychain
is not with the car. It calls my Cellphone, Texts Me, Calls my Home
and Office all within a few seconds. Then its got the LoJack
if they get that far. As other have said. They are hard to steal.
But a flatbed is the method of choice. Get the Early Warning.
It works great.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by gaazmon
That interior motion sensor sounds nice. How much did it cost you? Does it only detect movement within the car or outside as well? Does the domelight look any different and do you lose any domelight functionality?

My friends 2007 BMW 530i came with this option. The BMW also had an option through the remote to disable the radar sensor as well. I wonder if the CLK convertible, SL, and SLK come with this standard, it would be ideal for those cars.

Yeah, wouldn't recommend putting an aftermarket alarm on it, wiring is too complicated on these new benzes (this is coming from a guy who manufacturers car alarms for a living). Also, would require a bypass module for the door lock system (and a very expensive one at that) and the only known models that this module works on are 2002 or 2003 C32 AMG (I don't know why).

However, there is a downside with the factory system: they are 315 MHz. and are code rolling (only have about a 1000 codes stored), not 433 MHz. (better range) and code hopping (have well over 1 trillion codes stored). If one has a code grabber (not that I would ) you could pick up one's transmitter signal when they lock or unlock their car and copy their code.

If anything the only things I would recommend are:
Euro. interior motion sensor, which is a microwave radar sensor (it's OEM, designed for benzes) which will detect movement within the vehicle, OR
Aftermarket sensor add-on to factory alarm unit (which can either add a dual stage shock, glass, or radar sensor to the car). Would have a warn-away feature that sounds the horn a couple of times to warn others away. Big disadvantage is again, there is cutting of the wires (only a few though).

Overall, I would go with the factory euro. sensor. Gonna look into this myself, thank you Mark.
If Interested in the IMS contact Steve @ MBENZNL.com

Steve will be here in a couple of weeks and can Bring one and install it for you..as He does Installs in the OC area