E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Brake - Visit Workshop message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500 Sport, 03 Eddie Bauer Explorer, 06 Pro Street Chopper
Brake - Visit Workshop message

I asked this question in the Sticky above with no response yet. This message appeared so I checked all four corners. I still have about 90% of pad and all of the sensors are still ok. I read the sticky above and changed that switch also. The old switch was operating fine also. I still have the message on my dash. Do I have to clear this and how do i do this?

Thanks,
Old 06-06-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
You still do not know what triggered the warning. May be a sensor or perhaps something in the system. It involves brakes which could have serious consequenses. have it diagnosed by a dealer or someone with a STAR system and corrected ASAP before it causes a potential catastrophy.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,155 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by captrivers
I asked this question in the Sticky above with no response yet. This message appeared so I checked all four corners. I still have about 90% of pad and all of the sensors are still ok. I read the sticky above and changed that switch also. The old switch was operating fine also. I still have the message on my dash. Do I have to clear this and how do i do this? Thanks,
Process of elimination, you replaced the switch yet warning message still appears therefore barring incorrect installation somehow either the new switch is defective or another problem exists. A dealer or independent needs to identify associated fault code(s) through SDS. In the process have a MB dealer confirm all service campaigns and recalls were performed, as there were a few SBC related matters. Furthermore, if the SBC hydraulic unit needs replacement it is a no cost repair covered under the MBUSA extended 10 year/unlimited mileage warranty.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:26 PM
X72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda Accord
I got a brake visit workshop message once. About 3 weeks later I got a battery visit workshop message. I had replaced the main battery about a year ago, but I hadn't replaced the auxillary battery. I replaced the auxillary battery and have had no messages since (over a month). If your car is an 03, it may be time to replace the auxillary battery. If you haven't had all the service campaigns, it may be related to the battery control unit.

Since the brake message didn't persist for me, I didn't take it to the dealer. Since your message is persisting, I definitely agree with konigstiger & sosh that you need a dealer diagnosis. You don't want to find out how poor the back up braking systems performance is.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500 Sport, 03 Eddie Bauer Explorer, 06 Pro Street Chopper
Sounds fair. I do not know what service campaigns this one had. Off to the dealer I go.

Thanks,