E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

amg side skirts???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question amg side skirts???

has anyone here used " replica " amg style sideskirts like the ones these bodykit websites sell?? i know oem is the way to go thats why i purchased the e63 bumper for my wagon but im on a little bit of a budget and was wondering how bad these replicas really are?? i mean theyr at the lowest point of the car how bad can they be?? so if anyone has any REAL experience with these please chime in!!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:12 PM

2006 Mercedes Benz E350
Originally Posted by gikser
has anyone here used " replica " amg style sideskirts like the ones these bodykit websites sell?? i know oem is the way to go thats why i purchased the e63 bumper for my wagon but im on a little bit of a budget and was wondering how bad these replicas really are?? i mean theyr at the lowest point of the car how bad can they be?? so if anyone has any REAL experience with these please chime in!!
I wouldn't recommend it. Most of these kits are fiberglass and are easy to crack. They are also not an exact fit and you'll have to find a bodyshop that will work with it and mold it to fit. I've also heard that these replica kits are hard to paint and soak up a lot of paint.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:31 PM

i figured that much but then again ive seen 7,000 dollar hamman kits fit like crap and the pinholes we must have been there for hours filling in pinholes..
im going to have to eat cup a noodles for weeks f that months to afford everything oem!!ahhh the price of keeping up with the joneses!!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:12 PM

NO ONE HUH???