E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Any Pics With Tinted Windows, Especially in Pewter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 10:09 PM
jhb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
Any Pics With Tinted Windows, Especially in Pewter?

Is there anyone who has a picture of a Pewter with light, medium or other tint? I am trying to decide whether to tint. The service folks and my salesman suggest a medium tint. A picture would be great to help me decide. Having it would help a lot here in South Florida. We do have seasons here you know: a. summer lasts from November to May; b. hell lasts from June to October!!!

Thanks, Jeff
Old 12-18-2002, 01:16 AM
Almost a Member!

I've got a black '03 E320 with 20% all the way around. Windows are dark, but you can see into them during the day. At night, most vision into the car is blocked. Vision out of the car is obviously decreased some in areas without lights, but very little otherwise. I could take a few pics if someone wants.

Nick
Old 12-18-2002, 05:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw a silver E320 blacked out from the front windows and rear windows and at the rear. looked great........does anyone know how much it would cost approx. ?????
Old 12-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Depends on your location and tint shop. I'd plan between $170-$200 for a good job.

Nick
Old 12-18-2002, 06:51 PM

2003 E-320 and a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
I was warned by the dealership to be very careful with tinting. Windows are tight, tinting can tend to scrape/scratch. I have not tinted, so cannot confirm.
Old 12-18-2002, 07:47 PM
Almost a Member!

I had heard the same warnings on this board and a few others. it seems that MB window seal, at least on most models, lack the 'moleskin' lining on the inside so they are more succeptable to holding particles when down and then pressing them into the tint on the way up- scratching the tint. I actually went to my dealer and asked what they thought and THEY sent me to the tinter that does all of the new cars for them. I talked with him before the tinting about this problem and was told that some models are more prone to it than others depending on how tight the window fitting was- I don't know which are the most likely and he didn't expand. He did tell me and showed me pictures of about 5 new E's that he had done for the dealership (most of which I had seen in person). Evidently, some shops will actually replace the inner seal for you with a new seal lined with moleskin. This shop did not do that, instead reccommending that I run a microfiber towel or the like against the exposed part of the seal to remove any potential scratch risks any time the windows are down and there is a lot of debris in the air. Made sense to me. Anyway, I've had my tint done for about a month now and ***KNOCK ON WOOD*** have had no problems with scratching. I love the way my black/charcoal car looks with the 20%- ABSOLUTELY worth the $200.

Nick