E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Got tint and 20's today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 W211
dude... you have a nice car... but perhaps you're trying to do too much too quickly (specially if you're not getting the right information... research first)... and if you cant do the modification properly (due to cost or availability), then just leave it OEM (lets face it, they look gorgeous straight from the factory... anything aftermarket will hopefully ENHANCE it, not DETRACT from it)...

+1 on the tire issue... i wouldnt trust that shop to do anything else to my car now that they've shown that they arent knowledgeable enough in this realm...

+1 on the wheels... you say they look nice in person, and well, we all have different tastes and goals of what we want out of our vehicle... but i think you'd be better served by saving up for a NICE set of wheels (and well, quality rims will complement your car so much better... cheap rims on a civic are to be expected... but on a merc???)...

good luck with your future modifications... and well, as always: research first, mod second...
Old 07-17-2008, 02:59 PM

2004 E320, 2004 Lexus GX470
Originally Posted by OPALW208
Before you do any future mods to your car, I would recommend you do some research on things before going out on your own, blindly, and purchasing stuff. This forum is full of useful info you could have used to help direct you in the correct direction...........
This guy's right about the forum being a good database of info, but in your defense I'll add that wading through the right and "not so right" info can take awhile. Just last week, I spent 3 hours sifting through posts on ways of dropping an E320 w/o airmatic as well as double-checking the fitment from my shop on my wheels. In the end I had to PM a couple people to get some personal experiences. It's hard to cheaply enhance these cars!

When you get these issues straightened out you'll be rolling in your whip with peace of mind.

Last edited by topspin4hand; 07-17-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:01 PM

2003 E500 sport
i have 19 on my car with a 19x9.5 in the rear and i have a 275/30/19 on the rear and looks about perfect. i wouldent because of looks and safety put a 245 on any thing more than a 8.5 inch wide wheel its just dangerous.
my front wheels are 19x8.5's and i run a 245/35/19 in the front.

and i did get my wheels off of ebay but my wheels are hp designs so they are a brand and not that cheap i just got a deal on em.

im happy with them even tho there not a 5k set of wheels i think they look good on the car and have only receved positive complements.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:45 AM

2003 W211
Originally Posted by shaunls1
i have 19 on my car with a 19x9.5 in the rear and i have a 275/30/19 on the rear and looks about perfect. i wouldent because of looks and safety put a 245 on any thing more than a 8.5 inch wide wheel its just dangerous.
my front wheels are 19x8.5's and i run a 245/35/19 in the front.

and i did get my wheels off of ebay but my wheels are hp designs so they are a brand and not that cheap i just got a deal on em.

im happy with them even tho there not a 5k set of wheels i think they look good on the car and have only receved positive complements.
your paint looks great, seems like you're taking good care of your car... but maybe it's the angle of your pictures, but your car looks higher than stock... what's going on with that??? do you plan to lower it or leave it at that height???
Old 07-18-2008, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
Originally Posted by topspin4hand
This guy's right about the forum being a good database of info, but in your defense I'll add that wading through the right and "not so right" info can take awhile. Just last week, I spent 3 hours sifting through posts on ways of dropping an E320 w/o airmatic as well as double-checking the fitment from my shop on my wheels. In the end I had to PM a couple people to get some personal experiences. It's hard to cheaply enhance these cars!

When you get these issues straightened out you'll be rolling in your whip with peace of mind.
next time you need assistance w/ your W211, just PM or email me. I'll be more than happy assist you.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
^^^ Al is the man when you have questions! He will take care of you
Old 07-19-2008, 12:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
I agree with topspin... I'm fairly new to W211's as well and I had to sift through a lot of crap and bad information. There are some VERY good resources on this board. You'll just need to stick it out and be sure to search and ask questions. It also helps to see what others have done mod wise to give you an idea of which route to go.

It's a shame you didn't get the ideal rims and tire size off the bat as it's a pretty big investment. I wouldn't go back to that tire shop.

Rule of thumb... you can never go wrong with OEM (read: AMG). Good luck!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:52 AM

2003 E500 sport
my car is stock hight for now but i might get the links from adjustable air ride soon.if you look at the middle pic with the car on the grass(or whats left of it lol its not my crib) its siting lower. i think it the angle combined with the way my drive way is at that spot. ill probley end up lowering it with the links in a month or so.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:26 PM

07 E350, 03 Lexus ES300, 04 CLK 320 (gone)
Originally Posted by LAMB09
Don't know much about tires and fitments, made a mistake in trusting the people at OC Harbor Sound and Wheels in, Costa Mesa, CA. They seemed like they knew what they were doing. Will have to go back and get it straightened out.

The rims are Luxe LX2 by the way.

John
If I remember correctly (in one of your prior posts) didn't you consult with Brabus before...I think when you picked up the spoiler...? anyway, maybe discussing wheel/tire sizes couldn't have been beneficial....Dude, you're in OC, so Harbor MotorSports would have been ideal for you...getting affordable wheels is one thing, but make sure you have them on adequate tire sizes...

...I think you should take off the 'CEC' lic plate cover from the back...not good....
Old 07-21-2008, 05:43 PM

2014 E350
I think it looks ok

Hey I have some black benz center caps that would look good on there black back ground with the crome star make me a offer and there yours
Old 07-22-2008, 10:29 PM

09 jeep srt8, 07 gl450
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
HAHHAAHH

Al, you're always pimpin' the business, aren't you?

Seriously, to the O.P.,

Those rear tires are not safe, man. You've got waaaaay too small a tire on there. If it were me, I'd return the whole setup and buy mpx's 20's in the classifieds.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=vip

You need to get out of those cheap wheels and get a proper wheel/tire setup.

And I was just giving you grief in my last post. I like to stick it to the newbs just to see what they've got in them. You didn't get rude or belligerent back at me so that tells me that you're gonna be just fine on here.

Stop buying the cheap crap and get quality stuff and your car will appreciate it. If you buy junk, you're gonna be sorry in the long run.

Just get some of those top of the line MRR's on your car (those never get sold on ebay)...and put some e55/63 quad "tips" on too (but not any cheap crap)

To the original poster...your car is very nice. Just research more before you buy...and post.

Some of these knuckle heads forget how they started in 06 removing dust caps and buying spacer because they bought the wrong size front rims.

best of luck.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by psoas
Just get some of those top of the line MRR's on your car (those never get sold on ebay)...and put some e55/63 quad "tips" on too (but not any cheap crap)

To the original poster...your car is very nice. Just research more before you buy...and post.

Some of these knuckle heads forget how they started in 06 removing dust caps and buying spacer because they bought the wrong size front rims.

best of luck.

Awwwww, that's cute. Look guys, the newb is trying to come to the rescue. A little advice: Do a some research before you attempt to blast somebody on here. For the record, the MRRs are loooooooooong gone. Currently, I'm rocking a set of OEM E63 (P30 Package) wheels. And a set of VIP Modular VR-05's will be on my doorstep on Friday. Let's see, the P30's retail for about $6000.00 and the VIPs are $5400.00. I'll be honest and say that I bought the P30's used but the VIPs are new construction, sir.

Also, no fake ebay tips, I've got the real deal OEM E55 exhaust, buddy. Also, an OEM AMG body kit.

Want proof:

ANY QUESTIONS?
Old 07-22-2008, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in sig
^^^^ the 1st couple of pics, Car looks hott
Old 07-23-2008, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
can't wait to see those VIPs on your ride, Clayton!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:44 AM

'13 E550 W4
Benzo, your car is INSANE!!!!! WOW!!!!!