E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Three consecutive errors on the Instrument Cluster. Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 Tesla M3SR+, 2017 GLS550, 2011 E350 Bluetec, 2007 GL450 (GONE), 2003 E500 (GONE)
Unhappy Three consecutive errors on the Instrument Cluster. Help!!!

Guys, maybe someone could give me a piece of advice on this issue. During the last week I’ve began getting same three errors while driving my 03 E500. The errors seems to clear every time the car is re-started but reappear again and again within the first 30 minutes of driving the car.

1. Error 1: Three big SOS letters displayed with the message “Teleaid defective! Visit Workshop!”

2. Error 2: A symbol of a key displayed with the message “Display Defective! Visit Workshop!”

3. Error 3: A symbol of a light bulb displayed with the message “Display Defective! Visit Workshop!”

I don’t notice any malfunctions on my car. It still drives fine and all functions seem to be okay. As I mentioned, the 3 errors go away what the car is re-started.

P.S. The car was with the dealer last week when Ipod Integration Kit and Navigation Menu were enabled through STAR. Do you think that the dealer might have screwed something up? I began getting the errors the day after I picked up the car from the dealer. May be just a coincidence though….

Does anyone have any clue what it might be?

Thank you,
Alex
Old 07-18-2008, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 Wagon 4Matic
If I recall I had similar messages when my battery died (i left the glove box open all weekend - freaking tiny little darn bulb )

Perhaps your new electronics are draining the battery somehow? If you can start and drive, that would charge the battery up again, and might explain why the messages then go away.

I should put my hand up and say I am the least mechanical of people, so don't go *only* by me.

But if you suspect also, there are other threads on how to check your battery charge level. The other posts were how to isolate the drain. In your case take out the fuses for your newly installed items first.

Good luck buddy!