waxing/stereo/hands free phone!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 08:25 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb e500 e2 e3 keyless
waxing/stereo/hands free phone!

Ok- I pick up my 2003 E500/obisd-sport-E2-E3 Keyless.
So many questions.....! First MB

a) waxing: i primarily use zymol- should one initially wax soon after buying?

b) How do u rate the harman kardon logic 7

c) Phone- am seriously considering have the basic hands free phone installed. Not the voice rec. How are the reviews of this system? s it as complicated as i have read & is it worth the money

c) ambient lighting: what is it- I have heard it is "on" at night. Do we need it?

d)stupid question: how does the dash look at night
Old 12-21-2002, 09:26 AM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
a) waxing:if you live near an industrial area in NJ wax monthly.

b) harman kardon logic 7
on this board it is highly regarded.

c) Phone- on this board users love it when it works. Many users say it is over priced, but if money is no object, and that is the case with many people on this board, then it is a question of either wanting the option or not.

c) ambient lighting: the light surrounds the two domes on the roof, in the door handles, and probably a couple other places. It is an option you can turn on or off from the steering wheel and set the intensity. Some like it, some do not. Being a luxury car, need is in the eye of the beholder.

d)the dash at night is grey in my car, but some report it and have pictures of it being blue.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: waxing/stereo/hands free phone!

Originally posted by jwmciti
Ok- I pick up my 2003 E500/obisd-sport-E2-E3 Keyless.
So many questions.....! First MB

a) waxing: i primarily use zymol- should one initially wax soon after buying?

b) How do u rate the harman kardon logic 7

c) Phone- am seriously considering have the basic hands free phone installed. Not the voice rec. How are the reviews of this system? s it as complicated as i have read & is it worth the money

c) ambient lighting: what is it- I have heard it is "on" at night. Do we need it?

d)stupid question: how does the dash look at night

hey, congrats on your new car, yea, you should wax it, it would have been better if you didnt let the dealer prep it for you, the harmon kardon is probably the best stock stereo out there, it totally competes with the lexus ls430 system, forgot the name of the system though, maybe if wanted a nav system, you can get that, and i believe that enables bluetooth, it is very new technology, so you can hook your phone in the car, like the option, ambient lighting are the lights that you see above you, in the rear, they always stay on, you can turn them off, and make them brighter, for the front, i believe they are on when the headlights are on, or mayeb "all the time" at night, the dash looks amazing, there are lights everywhere
Old 12-21-2002, 11:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Re: waxing/stereo/hands free phone!

Originally posted by bmms8
harmon kardon is probably the best stock stereo out there, it totally competes with the lexus ls430 system, forgot the name of the system though,
Mark Levinson? I haven't heard much on Mark because i have a Nakamichi system in mine. Lets just say it kills the Bose in my Benz even though its much much older. I hope HK isnt as bad as bose.
Old 12-22-2002, 01:19 PM

2004 E500
Unfortunately, Bose's rep has gone down over the years. I've been very happy with the upgraded H-K, it sounds much better then the crappy Bose in a G35 - that's for sure!
Old 12-22-2002, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
DIY Car Care Tips

jwmciti, for car care care tips, check out the "How to Articles" in Car Care On-line website. Here is the link. Enjoy and good luck.

Care Care Tips
Old 12-22-2002, 05:45 PM

2003 MB E500
Re: DIY Car Care Tips

Originally posted by benggolf
jwmciti, for car care care tips, check out the "How to Articles" in Car Care On-line website. Here is the link. Enjoy and good luck.

Care Care Tips
Thanks for the link. It seems helpful. One thing I noticed is that this site says:

"The technique of using a clay is a learned skill. Use too little lubricant, or get contaminants in the clay, and you have moved into scratch city. This is one product that is the fast lane to trouble if not used with extreme care. I do not recommend this product as a general paint cleaner. You literally grind off a layer of paint. Should be used as was intended, to remove paint over spray."

I have never used clay myself but have noticed that many posts on this forum seems to swear by it. I was going to try it now I'm not sure. Has anyone used a clay bar and caused damage to their car? It's also cold where I live now and was planning on doing this in early spring along with the complete Zaino treatment. Any problem with doing this several months after I got the car? I'd apreciate any feedback.
Old 12-22-2002, 06:56 PM

02 996 C2 Cabrio
New Waxing

If you're really into car care, then you should wash, paint clean, and then wax your car as soon as you get it.

If you're using Zymol, then after you wash, use the Zymol "HD cleanse" paint cleaner. It's almost like liquid clay. It will take off all the impurities and residue on your new paint. Run your hand over the surface after you paint clean... it's a miraculous difference.

Don't forget to wax after you paint clean! If you have a light colored car, consider Zymol Creame Wax. I've been using Zymol on my cars for about 1 year now, however, I don't feel that the wax lasts quite as long as other products.

You may want to think about P21S or Blitz waxes... Zaino's makes a nice polish, also.

Enjoy breakin' your back!
Old 12-23-2002, 12:25 AM

2003 E320
Re: Re: waxing/stereo/hands free phone!

Originally posted by bmms8
and i believe that enables bluetooth, it is very new technology, so you can hook your phone in the car
Does it? I thought you could use only 2 specific Motorola models to hook them directly into fiber optic audio channel. Bluetooth is a very short-range radio connection, isn't it? If bluetooth was supported you could use any wireless device, e.g., PDA/phone, in the car. Lack of Bluetooth seems like major blunder to me...

I am still reading the almost 400 pages long manual, haven't reached the phone section yet, but saw those warnings about NOT using any radio transmitters inside the car without external antenna , or else... Is that substantiated? It would look rediculous if I had to warn backseat occupants not to use cell phone!