E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Mats and Rear side blinds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Mats and Rear side blinds

I am wanting to buy the new all-weather floor mats for the new E500, but my dealership tells me they are not available yet. Has anyone gotten any? I don't want to get a "generic" set since they generally stink to high heaven of cheapo plastic.. would ruin the classy interior on the E.

Also, my dealer also informed me that MB isn't producing the MANUAL rear side blinds. You can only get the factory installed rear side blinds on the new E. Apparently, some issue relating to the "curtain" side airbags.

Anyone here land a set of those? I can NOT find a decent set of "blinds" for the rear.. and was hoping the get the MB.

I'm not "happy" with my dealer right now for another reason..and thought I would find out from you guys if you heard any differnt. My "unhappiness" stems from my delivery.. but that's for another post. Can't wait for that survey!!!

Peter

2003 E500 Platinum Blue/Ash. E1, E2, Factory CD, Elect. Rear Sunshade, Split fold
Old 12-29-2002, 03:01 AM

2003 Toyota Prado
Unhappy

Nitro,
The rear curtains/ blinds are an option and unfortunatley i can confirm what i think your dealer is tryin to say:

we had a w210 and you could buy 'clamp on' rear blinds that would fit between the the window and the door, only problem is the black rectangular box housing the 'roll on' blinds ran the length of the window and looked pretty ugly, in our dealership it was offered as an accesory, not an option on the car

On the w211 the rear blinds are an option and they are integrated into the door such that a fine slit with a little black tab that you hook on to you window appears right next to the window, i think it ould be pretty expensive to buy the blinds and replace your doors inner panel

Hope this helps
Old 12-29-2002, 08:50 AM

'03 Mercedes E320
Try the MBUSA "Collection" for the black rubber mats. They are listed there, and at least you'd be getting any backorder info straight from the source.

item BQ6680522 $62.00

Last edited by jim256; 12-29-2002 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:57 AM

2003 E500
Thanks guys.. I was trying to go thru the dealer if possible since they gave me some "vouchers" with my purchase for some accessories for the car. I'll check out the floor mats at the collection site. Guess I'll have to find some other "blinds" for the rear.

Thanks
Peter
Old 12-30-2002, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
My dealer gave me the "all weather" mats at delivery (I admit that I whined a little). They are MB logo and fit perfectly both from and back.

They are listed on the MBUSA site under accessories. I can't believe the dealer would tell you that they are not available. Maybe he just means he don't have them.

I would not settle for anything but the factory mats. They are made for the car.

Ed