So the time has come that I bid the W211 family a SAD farewell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
So the time has come that I bid the W211 family a SAD farewell

On June 11, 2006 I joined the family of what I consider to be one of the best Machines Mercedes Benz has EVERY produced. A very memorable body that will not soon be replaced or out classed by another...

The day I laid eyes on it for the first time... I posted the first photos here...

I spent almost 2 weeks searching the country in Netstar for the car I wanted... it came down to two... Alabaster white, AMG package, black interior and this one... alabaster white, sport, and stone interior... when the other car fell through... I put my deposit down on this one... with in 2 days it was on a flat bed en route to Mercedes Benz of Westwood from Mercedes Benz of Sarasota... It showed up late on a friday and it was only days before I would drive her home

It was truely love at first site. With in days, the modding began Unfortunately the honeymoon was cut short 2 days before my 24th birthday. A great night out in Boston soon became a very disastrous night when a clueless driver from Connecticut lost his bearings in boston and made a left turn from a right hand lane, as I passed him... The result? $9k in damages to a car barely in my posession for a month. A new front fender, new front and rear doors, and two new wheels...

The car was fixed to perfection... 3 days after I picked it up I brought it to a Mercedes day at the Museum of Transportation in Boston and came away with 3rd place amongst modern benzes. The judges were blown away when I showed them the pictures of the cars condition not more then a month prior.

Over the next 2 years I put 24k miles on the clock...
, doing donuts, going to work in the rain, heat, coolness and snow, ok well maybe not snow, lol... Summer perf tires proved to be utterly useless in the snow. It was spent driving drunkin friends around town, chauffering parents, and shuttling food, grills and tables to various meets and get togethers. It ran against porsches, ferraris, nissans, other benzes, bmws and it ate the occasional riced out honda for a snack.

It saw many girls in and out of the front passenger seat, but it was always the one that had my attention. She got clayed, waxed, polished and taken care of... and in return gave me 27 months of perfect service. Below are some photos of her...

Newport Run '07'

All three of these cars have been let go by the owners...

Newport run '08'

Run to the Sun '07'

Pepe's Pizza Run '08'
As always me and her were making friends with the local law enforcement

And the final shoot with the car... even knowing the car was going back, I gave it a nice detail...

South Boston September '08'

All that was left, was to leave her at the dealer... about a month ago, I didnt really care it was going back as I was enjoying my newest toy too much. Now I have dropped it off and I remembered all the memories... both good and bad and it was kind of sad... I cant help but think that she looks sad that I was turning her in...

farewell my friend
Old 09-12-2008, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320
that was soo gay
Old 09-12-2008, 11:37 PM

gixxa600
Originally Posted by black211
that was soo gay
Old 09-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

heres another shot from that south boston shoot...

Old 09-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by black211
that was soo gay
yeah I suppose... whatever though, I get attached to my cars...
Old 09-13-2008, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
I don't think that was gay at all. Very touching. She's beautiful. Reminds me of me with my first car, 1994 S420. I still miss her. That car was amazing. It was like your first girlfriend and on top of that, she was 10 years older than you and smoking hot. I'm 21, so 10 years makes it just right for me (I have a thing for older women).

Hopefully, she gets a new owner that cares for her just as much as you did. G/L with the new toy.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:23 PM

2008 c350 SG - 2004 c240 Wagon BS
I don't know... the car looks happier in the last photo than the first.

FREE AT LAST !!!!