E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Complete Brake Failure - 03 E320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211
hi all

I have the same problem even that i have changed the SBC Unit for month from know and i got the same issue after that i changed the SBC i was driving my car and when i hit the breaks i found that there was no pressure on the pedal so i had to stop the car turn it off and on again and every thing went good i tolk it to the workshop that have change the SBC and he told me know it the break pump that need to be changed so any one can you please help me and inform me with the soulation
Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by garea_m
hi all

I have the same problem even that i have changed the SBC Unit for month from know and i got the same issue after that i changed the SBC i was driving my car and when i hit the breaks i found that there was no pressure on the pedal so i had to stop the car turn it off and on again and every thing went good i tolk it to the workshop that have change the SBC and he told me know it the break pump that need to be changed so any one can you please help me and inform me with the soulation
This pump is a 10 warranty with MB. You should go to MB to have them make the repairs.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:26 AM

W211
thanks for your replay but what does it look like is it the SBC Unit or another unit because i have changed the SBC for almost 1 month from know so please if you have picture of it can you please send it to me
Old 10-25-2009, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E500 and Corvette
thanks for your replay but what does it look like is it the SBC Unit or another unit because i have changed the SBC for almost 1 month from know so please if you have picture of it can you please send it to me
If you have changed the SBC unit and it doesn't work this is what I would suspect.

1) Air in the system
2) Incorrect brake fluid must be DOT4+ for the SBC system meeting MB specs.
3) Defective unit

Photo of MY SBC unit attached.

Go to the dealer for service on this warranty. When you state "you" does this mean you actually did the work or hired it done by independant? Or did MB do the work?
Attached Thumbnails Complete Brake Failure - 03 E320-dscn1850.jpg   Complete Brake Failure - 03 E320-dscn1846.jpg   Complete Brake Failure - 03 E320-sbc-brake-controller.jpg  
Old 10-26-2009, 02:18 AM

W211
Thanks alot

yes i have changed this unit and it cost me almost 1500 euro and i did it independent because her in my country we don`t have the MB showroom and i had tried to contact some of our nears country but they said that they cann`t help me in it
Old 10-26-2009, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E500 and Corvette
Thanks alot

yes i have changed this unit and it cost me almost 1500 euro and i did it independent because her in my country we don`t have the MB showroom and i had tried to contact some of our nears country but they said that they cann`t help me in it
Sounds like they won't. If you arrived at a authorized dealer it might be difficult for them to refuse given you have a major safety issue and warranty item.

I would suggest you check my previous post for items to inspect.