E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Got Netstar PO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 12:33 AM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Got Netstar PO

Guys,

I finally got the Netstar PO from the dealer, production date is scheduled for around 2/10. Little later than what I was told, but at least now I know I'm going to get the car. I've changed my signature below...I have until 1/7 to change some options. Considering changing from 406 seats to drive dynamic seats, maybe adding active ventilated seats, maybe dumping the phone and finally possibly changing interior color ot Ash. Opinions are welcome.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Congratulations. Must be great to know that you actually have an order placed...

My opinion:

Get the DD seats. I have the 406 Multi contour and it is a waste of money. No pulse and that was what I thought I was getting.

Get the Wood Steering Wheel. It is the final piece to make the interior a real luxury car.

The phone is just too much money for a $200. V60

If you live in a hot climate get the active ventilated seats.

I did get the Parktronic and I like it. Works great.

Don't forget the CD Changer.

Ed
Old 12-31-2002, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 & Q7
Congratulations

Otto
Old 12-31-2002, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Must haves MHO

I can't speak to the wood wheel, as I don't have it, nor can I speak to the Parktronic, for I do not have that as well. However, it would be better than a $1,300 phone (with no color graphics/camera/games/etc that are avail on phones now) to get the parktronic because I feel like a fool when I move my car a foot, get out and look to see how much room I have, then move it again, then get out to look again, etc.

I LOVE my drive dynamic and active ventilated seats! The heaters work great, and I'm looking forward to testing the fans this summer for the cooling. The DD is great too!

I wish I would have gotten the Pano roof though, and again, a better option than the $1,300 phone, IMHO.

Distronic? Nahh, I rarely have used cruise control even though my last three cars have had it. Just prefer to control my speed with my foot, even on 10 hour trips up the Golden State Fwy.

Get the $100 intro package folding seat. Always a good thing just in case you have to buy PVC or a 2X4 at Home Depot for something. Or move your patio umbrella, or something.

6-in-1 CD changer is a must too.

HTH,

EDJ
Old 12-31-2002, 11:09 AM

2003 E500
Originally posted by etenn
Congratulations. Must be great to know that you actually have an order placed...

My opinion:

Get the DD seats. I have the 406 Multi contour and it is a waste of money. No pulse and that was what I thought I was getting.

Ed

Yeah..I'm going to insist on compensation on Friday when I confirm with my dealer that the features on the 406 seats that he promised (pulse) and that we made the decision on are *not* there....I had him reconfirm that he thought they had pulse 2 weeks ago before he got the vehicle.

I got heated and 406... I should have just gotten Active Ventilated Seats. Choice after that - active plus drive dynamic (but only for the massage/pulse thing rather than the dynamic side-bolster thing - I'm not going to be doing all that much yanking and banking in this car)
Old 12-31-2002, 11:18 AM

I agree...my decision is between regular seats and DD seats, I've already decided to dump the 406 seats. if I go DD seats it is only for the pulse feature. I probably will leave the "dynamic" feature off. If it was not for this forum and etenn, I would also be ordering 406 thinking it has pulse.

If I had active venti seats and heated seats, would I just end up using one or the other in the winter or is there a point to both. If I add active venti seats it would only be for the cooling in the summer, don't know how useful it will be in a car that may 120 degrees inside in summer. Keep in mind I am in Texas, so it is very hot in summer, and relatively cold in Winter (low to mid 30s is common).
Old 12-31-2002, 11:19 AM
mco

ML430, E500
I have seen Pewter in both charcoal and ash. I thought charcoal looked great, but really didn't think ash and Pewter went well together. Hopefully, you have seen this in person to make sure you like it.
Old 12-31-2002, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
I am sure you have preordered the Navigation....Be a shame to miss the discount.

Ed
Old 12-31-2002, 11:38 AM

The Navi is an area I am getting confusing info from my dealer. He has told me (and he claims to have confirmed this with the factory rep), that I do not need to prepay, as long as it was not orderable when they lock down my configuration, I will be able to get it installed later at any service center for $1625.

However, because of the stuff that all of you have said, I am going to have him guarantee this in writing on my Netstar PO when I fax back the final order modifications before 1/7.

Just out of curiousity, I think I read before that the Navi did not show up on anyone's Netstar order, that the $1625 is usually just hand written by the dealer on the order. If this is the case, it seems like what my dealer is telling me maybe true and dealers are just collecting the money up front so they can have your money. Bottom line, if it not in the Netstar PO, how can the MB factory track if you have pre-ordered this option or not? It seems like it makes sense just to tell service depts that if the production date is before XX/XX/03 price the Navi at $1625 (and MB pays the install) or otherwise $2125+install
Old 12-31-2002, 12:14 PM
mco

ML430, E500
As I understand it, the navigation will be charged at $1625 including installation for any car built before navigation is being built at the factory. I have navigation written in on my netstar. This discount is from mercedes, so there should be no problem with your dealer giving it to you, it costs them nothing. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I have been told and the actual letter from mbusa is on autospies.com and states that you must prepay at the time you take delivery and it must be on you bill of sale which is how Mercedes will track how many units to send to which dealer for the discount.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:18 PM

I guess bill of sale makes sense also, I'm going to call MBUSA this week and find out the real deal on this.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:46 PM
mco

ML430, E500
Let us know what MBUSA says!
Old 12-31-2002, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
My navigation system was handwritten in...and collected at time of delivery.

Ed
Old 12-31-2002, 01:00 PM

2003 E500
Originally posted by abhansali

If I had active venti seats and heated seats, would I just end up using one or the other in the winter or is there a point to both.
active ventilated seats *are* heated-and-cooled seats...you can't order E5 nor 'heated seats' with 'active ventilated'.

so to recap, there are 3 adjustment choices and 3 climate options for seats. Pick 1 from each

adjustment:
a) normal
b) 406 multicontour air cushions but no pulse
c) drive-dynamic - same as 406 but with pulse *and* with auto adjusting side bolster air cushions

climate control:
1) normal
2) heated
3) active ventilated (heated and cooled)

you can mix and match seats in any combination, 1 from 'adjustment' and 1 from 'climate control'

so you could have normal(noheat/nocool) seats drive dynamic adjusted
or
normal adjusted active ventilated
or drive dynamic heated
or drive dynamic active ventilate
etc
etcetc
Old 12-31-2002, 01:02 PM

2003 E500
The Navi is an area I am getting confusing info from my dealer. He has told me (and he claims to have confirmed this with the factory rep), that I do not need to prepay, as long as it was not orderable when they lock down my configuration, I will be able to get it installed later at any service center for $1625.
I really like *that*..that's the way it's *supposed* to be (from a customer service standpoint).

This being a car dealer, however, I'd do it in writing :-)
Old 12-31-2002, 02:48 PM

E500
Don't forget the bi-xenon lights! . I missed it on mine.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:46 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E500
Re: Got Netstar PO

Guys,

I finally got the Netstar PO from the dealer, production date is scheduled for around 2/10.
Congratulations, abhansali!
I received my Netstar PO number today. Production is scheduled for Jan. 20-30. It's going to be a long month!
Added Parktronic today - dealer said I just made it "under the wire" for the addition - based on the opinions of Parktronic I've read on this board. I wish the sensors were a little more attractive (or less visible), but I guess that's the price we pay for technology .
Old 01-01-2003, 10:26 PM

I asked my salesman what decade of February my car was going to be built in D1,D2 or D3. He said my car would be built on Feb 10th, and he did not know what I was talking about with D1,D2 or D3 because D1 meant received at VPC and D2 meant surveyed at VPC? Is my salesguy just confused or do I have wrong info?
Old 01-01-2003, 10:36 PM

2003 E500
he's confusing build *status* with build-decade/schedule.

the build statuses start in A1,2,3 etc...

B3 is almost ready to build
B4 is beiing built/built
the C series is transportation from the factory t the VPC, etc

the build slot is in the 3rd or 4th column of their daily printout....

thus february 03 build decades would be
D1/02/03
D2/02/03 etc
recall that european date formats are
dd MM yy so the 2nd item is the month....
Old 01-01-2003, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
You have it right. It is simply amazing how little some of the salesmen know about the MB product and the system.

I know that some of the salesmen are on this forum and are probably amoung the most knowledgeable. I would think that they would check out owners forums like this. Think of all the buyer insight they would gain along with product knowledge.

They should...but they won't:p

Ed
Old 01-01-2003, 10:40 PM

I think the salesman that do attend this forum are at a great advantage, because not only are they more knowledgeable but almost everyone does internet research today, so it is great way for them to get knowledgeable people to work with them
Old 01-02-2003, 09:15 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 E500
The salesman I talked to at the dealership (my salesman was on vacation) immediately produced a copy of the Netstar print out (before I could ask for one), and told me when the car would be built. When I looked at it later, however, I found 2 different dates - the "planned" build date (01/D2) and the "scheduled" build date (01/D3). Does anyone know which is the actual production date?