All 4 Wheels Stolen !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne45
hmmm my car doesnt have a plastic tether line. i was rear ended in january and the rear bumper (which was the original bumper) did not have a plastic tether and the new bumper that replaced it doesnt have a tether either.
Tether is part of the tow hook cover in the plastic bag it comes in. ($28.00 Primed in Black for my color 747 Granite) Its about 5 inches long made of black plastic. It is already attached to the part & has a T shaped end like a Popeye anchor that you pop in one side at a time To a slot in the upper left corner of the bumper hole.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by Kerby
Hey Barry, when your wheels were stolen did insurance cut you a check after providing them receipt of your purchase?

Did they give you a check to go out and make your purchase? Also (LOL, sorry), Is it common practice to have them just give you parts instead of money?

They 1st said they would try to locate a set of used wheels, but when they saw that the car is in mint, as delivered condition, the adjuster said they'd cut a check minus my $50.00 comprehensive deductible. I told them I had to get the car on the road, I'd pay up front & the dealer would install at my house so there would be no tow, and that I'd supply them with the MB bill & my credit card receipt.

The insurance company did send a private detective (ex Police Detective) to the house to interview me, who told me that people do this to their own cars sometimes, but he said before leaving that he could tell that this was a legit claim. (I guess sitting at the kitchen table with him, the house, the neighborhood & the furnishings spoke to the unlikelihood that I would commit a fraudulent claim like this.)

I added a set of MB Wheel Locks to the bill which they didn't pay for, of course. The wheels were stolen Sunday night into Monday early Morning & by Friday Noon the car was on the road & off the blocks again. The check came about 10 days later. (Well before the Credit Card bill came anyway.) The dealership gave me a discount off the total bill which I passed along to the insurance company... further proof of my desire not to defraud.

Probably, if thay would have wanted to provide me with a set of used wheels & tires, they would have located them, had them delivered to the MB dealer for installation, & the reimbursed me for the installation fee. My car came with Michelins, & I told the adjuster I didn't want used wheels if they came with Contis.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 10-22-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 Elegance Saloon
Wow Barry that's just crazy
Desparate times I guess I'm just glad you had a positive resolution

You should invest in motion-activated video recording security.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by fortlaudsummer
Wow Barry that's just crazy
Desparate times I guess I'm just glad you had a positive resolution

Not gonna make any additions/changes to the house.. It is on the market... we're going to Hallandale Beach shortly! So how is Ft Laud MB for service?
Old 10-22-2009, 11:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Charcoal Grey E350 Coupe
Or Robocop...Glad it turned out favorably
Old 10-23-2009, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 Elegance Saloon
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Not gonna make any additions/changes to the house.. It is on the market... we're going to Hallandale Beach shortly! So how is Ft Laud MB for service?
Oh wow you'll be down the road from me just a few miles. Actually next week, I'll be back to downtown Fort Lauderdale (Moving out of current condo).

MBFTL is great I honestly don't have any complaints. My SA is nice and techs seem competent as they always resolve my issues. Of course, I go in there telling them what I need done not asking so I think that makes a difference. I have three SA's actually that I could recommend to you.
I've tried Lauderdale, Pompano, Miami, Coral Gables and Delray. FTL is definitely the best in the area. Others will recommend Pembroke Pines, but I have no experience with that establishment.