E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Traded Up, E500 4-Matic for my CLK 500...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500 4matic, 08 ML320CDI
Traded Up, E500 4-Matic for my CLK 500...

High mileage and approaching winter finally got the best of me and I reluctantly traded in my 04 CLK 500 for an 05 E500 4-matic this weekend... I'd been thinking about it for some time and the car finally showed up at my local Benz dealer... Figured it was fate, made an offer and took the deal including CPO and extended warranty until 2011... 05 E500 4-matic, Platinum Blue w/Ash leather, 20% Lumar Tint, Parktronic, Avant Garde Sport, Heating, Entertainment (HK, cd changer) Sunroof package, Active Bi-Xenons, Keyless Go, 3M Clear Bra, Airmatic Suspension. First impessions vs. the CLK are it feels considerably heavier, heavier steering unless at speed, somewhat boaty but handles the snow whereas the CLK was a no-go in snow, especially with 19's and Goodyear GSD3's... Anyway, need to do some mods ASAP as it looks like an old man's sedan. I'm thinking exhaust ( it has no tips whatsoever..?) for improved sound and tips, clear corners, lower it at Dealership with Star Diag, 19's with good AS tires to start... Looked into exhaust first and Daaayaam, exhaust systems are pricey for the W211...! I thought my Corvette exhaust was $$$...! Open to suggestions for exhaust improvement that won't require a loan to finance... Didn't get a chance to download the pics yet but will later today... Ideas...? Also, thinking of some Black Wheels w/silver lips to match the black window tint... Ideas...?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Congrats, she sounds very sxxy, yes . I thought of getting a CLK before this but liked the options better on the E and didn't like how the CLK was based off of the C class interior design. Exhausts are expensive. You could always just get an X-pipe or H-pipe or something instead, that's what i'm thinking, especially since you have a V8 so it should sound nice and deep
Old 10-28-2008, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500 4matic, 08 ML320CDI
Yeah, your'e not kidding about exhaust being expensive... I thought $1100 for my Corvettes Billy Boat exhaust was $$ but then I looked for MB Exhaust and Holy Crap, some are like $3 to $4 grand... "Welcome to the club" I guess... I like a nice sounding exhaust and I like my MB's but I also like to eat so I have to find a happy medium... I don't want to go cheap and I don't want resonation inside the car when cruising (makes me nauseous) so I guess I have alot of research to do before I come up with a solution...
Old 10-28-2008, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by sdunham
Yeah, your'e not kidding about exhaust being expensive... I thought $1100 for my Corvettes Billy Boat exhaust was $$ but then I looked for MB Exhaust and Holy Crap, some are like $3 to $4 grand... "Welcome to the club" I guess... I like a nice sounding exhaust and I like my MB's but I also like to eat so I have to find a happy medium... I don't want to go cheap and I don't want resonation inside the car when cruising (makes me nauseous) so I guess I have alot of research to do before I come up with a solution...
I think eisenmann is like $2 grand, and that's from there web site to order (not including shipping though), and I like there dual tip setup, one on each side.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E500 with 'some' BRABUS upgrades
Congrats!