E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Keyless Go & Electronic trunk closer question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 01:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E550 Sports
Keyless Go & Electronic trunk closer question

I have the keyless go feature in my E, and some times the electronic trunk closer will close then pop open, from what I have noticed, it's always when I walk away while the trunk is closing then it will pop open, never when I am next to the car. Is this normal because I have the keyless go? Can some one with both feature help me test it? it happends more when it's raining then it's sunny. Also some times my trunk will close about one third and reverse to full open, I am not sure if it's caused by the same thing, but I am pretty close to the car and it would still do it. Lastly I was getting annoyed with the trunk closer issues, so I started playing with the buttons to open and close and guess what, after a few tries, the darn thing stopped, it wouldn't close or pop full open. So I thought I killed my electronic trunk closer, but guess what, after about half an hour that darn thing start to work again. I am just hoping it's a safty shut off as I don't want that darn thing to go dead on my when the warranty expires.. Anyone have any info on the electronic tunk closer? I just want to make sure if it's normal or not for me to experience these kind of problems.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 95 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
If you have keyless-go the lock button will not work unless you have your key and it is in range. It could be that the car is not detecting the key with you, or is detecting it in the car.

To test the electronic trunk closer feature itself and eliminate keyless-go as an issue, try the trunk close button (the one without the padlock) and see if the trunk closes successfully. This button should close 100% of the time unless an obstruction is detected.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E550 Sports
Thanks Polar Bear, I will try the button next to the pad lock and see if it works.. Thanks..