E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Nankang Ns-2's cheapest tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 04:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by formerSaabist
Michelins tend to be overpriced. For the same amount, you can get better tires from other well known brands.

I tend to choose from Yokohama, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Continental, Pirelli, and Goodyear. All of these and Michelin make some mediocre tires and some good ones. BF Goodrichs are sometimes good too. You don't have to sink to Nankangs to save a little money.

For now tires, the Michelin X-Ice Xi2 is supposed to be good but my experience is with Nokian Hakkapeliittas and Bridgestone Blizzaks. The Xi2 is an improvement over the old X-Ice.
Uhh..the OP has some more serious issues than tires. Much more serious, but we have suggested this to him.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Zo6/ 09CTS-v/ 06 GTO/05 Busa

What amazes me most is i am a middleclass guy who got lucky and retired early......I don't sweat "the cheapest" or " On Sale items"

i'm not being mean but since i drive a lowly 09 V and a 07 Z from GM

i pick whats good for my machine. Never does price come into my mind. ( well only at the dealership for which i have an in)

You guys are funny....i like you and loathe you. Without you...GM would have never made the V

always step up in width one size and get the softer compound or the right mix of silica

Mileage concerns for Mercede's guys.....i guess its true the more weathy a person is the more frugal....unless it invovle their mercede's ego..

that was just a joke fella's
i always keep a spare set of tires.....expensive since most performance oriented cars are staggered.

lighting package /premium package/ i pod package/ENGINE PACKAGE..oh right thats AMG

nt the old cool AmG but the in house cover your butts Amg.

Man if i ever see another engine it will be too soon. Sorry i am trolling. Some of our sizes cross match. and wanted to see what the Gret Ones were using. ( again alittle sunday humor0

Last edited by NapperV; 05-31-2009 at 09:32 AM.