E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Blown out Sub?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 2003
Blown out Sub?

I searched the site but still not exactly sure...is my back subwoofer blown out? someone on another forum said it might just be vibrating something making it sound like its blown out. i had the back ones changed by the dealer before couple years ago cause it was blown out before too.... anyone else have this problem?

also; the "blownout" sound is sometimes there, and other times it isn't...
Old 12-05-2008, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Fabboi
I searched the site but still not exactly sure...is my back subwoofer blown out? someone on another forum said it might just be vibrating something making it sound like its blown out. i had the back ones changed by the dealer before couple years ago cause it was blown out before too.... anyone else have this problem?

also; the "blownout" sound is sometimes there, and other times it isn't...
When is it occurring? I have found my sub to sometimes "bottom out" when listening to a concert with a pretty solid bass drum, but the volume needs to be pretty loud and it typically only happens with the sunroof or windows are open. Turning down the volume a notch takes care of it typically.

In particular, it happens on the John Mayer CD/DVD Where The Light Is on the track "Vultures" but I haven't noticed it on other CDs really at all.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
How does it sound? Like a popping noise? Actually I went to a dealership and they could positively test it that it makes a popping noise and I know I have to replace it one or the other day (actually Monday)!
Old 12-05-2008, 03:52 AM

E320 2003
Originally Posted by Mackhack
How does it sound? Like a popping noise? Actually I went to a dealership and they could positively test it that it makes a popping noise and I know I have to replace it one or the other day (actually Monday)!
it makes like a rattling sound like somethings vibrating..

and to answer polar bears question, its not how loud i make i play my music, but rather it just happens by randomness. Like today the sound is gone again (but im pretty sure it'll come back in a few days)

sigh.....
Old 12-05-2008, 02:30 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E550; 2003 E500
it makes like a rattling sound like somethings vibrating..

and to answer polar bears question, its not how loud i make i play my music, but rather it just happens by randomness. Like today the sound is gone again (but im pretty sure it'll come back in a few days)

sigh.....
Do you have a rear sunshade? My bro's CLK had the same problem with his rear sunshade. He never opened it again and put a folded up paper wedge to keep it from vibrating.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:44 PM

E320 2003
Originally Posted by MercFiveHundred
Do you have a rear sunshade? My bro's CLK had the same problem with his rear sunshade. He never opened it again and put a folded up paper wedge to keep it from vibrating.
were you the guy i saw on the other post with the similar problem?...
anways..yeah i have sunshade, but i don't use it anymore.....sigh..the weird rattling vibration sound is back but i can still feel base coming from the back..WTF
Old 12-06-2008, 05:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
the weird rattling vibration sound is back but i can still feel base coming from the back..WTF
PM your email address I will send instructions for DIY replacement allowing you to self inspect if one of the speakers are actually damaged or if something else is causing vibration noise.