E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Hairline crack on woodtrim...warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 Sport
Hairline crack on woodtrim...warranty?

Hi all, today I noticed what looks to be a hairline crack on my woodtrim piece (this is the cover for the ashtray/lighter so its replaceable). It is about 2-3 inches long and barley noticeable but it still bothers me. I have no idea how it could of happened and I think it may be the weather?? There is no scuff marks near the crack so I know nothing fell on it to crack it. I live in NJ where summers are hot and winters are very cold. It's a 2007 E350 w/ the piece being a birdseye maple color. Would something like this be covered under warranty???
Old 12-18-2008, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by killatee18
Hi all, today I noticed what looks to be a hairline crack on my woodtrim piece (this is the cover for the ashtray/lighter so its replaceable). It is about 2-3 inches long and barley noticeable but it still bothers me. I have no idea how it could of happened and I think it may be the weather?? There is no scuff marks near the crack so I know nothing fell on it to crack it. I live in NJ where summers are hot and winters are very cold. It's a 2007 E350 w/ the piece being a birdseye maple color. Would something like this be covered under warranty???
They should, if you have the original bumper to bumper warranty (starmakr and CPO won't cover it), especially since the car is not that old.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
yes, it is covered under warranty...cracks in the wood are actually the only way to have it replaced under the program

if the dealer tells you otherwise he's lying