E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Gettin my new e500.. opinions? HELP :P

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 BMW 330CIC, 2000 4Runner
Gettin my new e500.. opinions? HELP :P

I was first gettin a black e320 but decided for a e500.

I did the paperwork today and saw a white e500 with e2 and e4 and fell love with it... final cost with navigation and cd changer is 61 give or take.. dont have reciept with me. i got a discount of 2600..

so what you guyz think? stay with white or black... any opinion what so ever? i also wanted the sports package for the xenon lights.. but they dont have any e500 with xenon lights because clients dont like it..... if i want it i have to wait till may.. should i wait?

jus to let ya know nav is going to be avaible in may of 2003

msg me at aim "justphong"
Old 01-16-2003, 12:23 AM

Mercedes C240X
!!

I suggeest that you wait.

First, you can choose the colour you wanted. If white colour is what you want, that's fine. But non-metallic colour (white, black and midnight blue) does have adverse affect on the resale value of MB, at least where I live.

Secondly, the sport package is really worth getting for the money. It does add a lot of nice touch to the whole car.

Also, choose the power rear sunsahe option and the heated seats option. Then all the black buttons on the centre console will be filled with operations for the rear window sunshade and heated seats. The black buttons will not be blank. If you do not choose the sunshade and the heated seats options, the centre console will leave three blank black buttons which, in my opinions, look terrible.

Also, by May, most of the first production quality glitches would have been resolved.

And, yes, go for the E500. And take it easy on the engine for the first 10,000 miles (not the first 1,000 miles). Trust me!
Old 01-16-2003, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: !!

Originally posted by mrfu
I suggeest that you wait.

First, you can choose the colour you wanted. If white colour is what you want, that's fine. But non-metallic colour (white, black and midnight blue) does have adverse affect on the resale value of MB, at least where I live.

Secondly, the sport package is really worth getting for the money. It does add a lot of nice touch to the whole car.

Also, choose the power rear sunsahe option and the heated seats option. Then all the black buttons on the centre console will be filled with operations for the rear window sunshade and heated seats. The black buttons will not be blank. If you do not choose the sunshade and the heated seats options, the centre console will leave three blank black buttons which, in my opinions, look terrible.

Also, by May, most of the first production quality glitches would have been resolved.

And, yes, go for the E500. And take it easy on the engine for the first 10,000 miles (not the first 1,000 miles). Trust me!

hey, i would wait too, but white is a very very good looking color for benzes. it is also the hardest color, so less scratches and etc..2600 off is a very good deal iguess, we only got 285 off and we waited 9 months for it too but go with whatever you want to go with, an E500 is an E500
Old 01-16-2003, 01:03 AM

E500W '03, Porsche Cayman S '06
Take it easy for 10,000 miles?

Mrfu, could you elaborate on why you would recommend waiting 10,000 miles to put more stress on the E500 engine?

Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Any past experience or anecdotes to relate?
Old 01-16-2003, 02:40 AM

Mercedes C240X
Re: Take it easy for 10,000 miles?

Originally posted by jabo

Mrfu, could you elaborate on why you would recommend waiting 10,000 miles to put more stress on the E500 engine?

Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Any past experience or anecdotes to relate?
I am not too sure about the MB V8 engine. But, from my experience, at least for the MB V6 engine, a poor break-in with constant hard acceleration or jack rabbit start and short distant driving will make the V6 engine sound like a 4 cylinder engine after 4,000 miles. It will make a "gruff" sound every time you accelerate rather than the distinct MB engine sound. And of course, the premature wear-and-tear of the engine as well.

mrfu
Old 01-16-2003, 03:34 PM

2001 BMW 330CIC, 2000 4Runner
oh yah e4 i think comes with heated seats and steering....

i dont know if i wait.... ahh.. waiting for my 01 bmw 330cic was terrible it was 7 months instead of 6!

oh yah and about 10g miles.. i dont think ill drive that much in a year
i drove 5g on my 01 bmw so far... 13 on my 00 4runner....

and i have a ****ty legend for ****ty places

and thanks for ya replies.. much appreciate

still waitin on insurance they sure go slow.......... hoping i get a low quote..