M272 AMS 350 Pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
M272 AMS 350 Pulley

So, I've seen all the awful stuff that people have posted about Omey and his company AMS. Now, from what I've read, it seems that people feel as though since he has no engineering background that his products are bogus. Some other people felt that pulleys were not only unsafe (in terms of the crank) but also weren't worth the little to no hp that is actually freed up as a result of lighter weight pulley. Now I for sure have no engineering background, I would like to think I'm pretty mechanically savvy but I'm kinda at a stand still here. I haven't seen any of you 350 owners shell out for one, so I wanted to see why it was you decided against it if you have. Or, maybe you just didn't know there was a pulley available for our cars. The member who was his biggest basher seemed to be a pretty knowledgeable guy and while I don't know him I think he made some pretty good points. However, there was one member who is currently supercharging is C55 (can't remember his name) who used his pulley and said he made some decent power with it. I just want to get a better feeling from you guys either why you chose to avoid it or if you just didn't know it existed. If you are just finding out, what are you thoughts? Any comments/feedback is appreciated. I can't be the only one looking to get a little more kick out my 350 engine am I? Thanks guys
Old 02-15-2009, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
I commend you for the work you've done with the w211's! I think it's great you're willing to spend your own coin to validate promises from aftermarket companies.

Unfortunately I don't think there's many seeking more power from the 350. In fact, there's not many people looking to upgrade the 500 or 550 either.

I figure you, me and few other members here (Benz-o-Rama, Abboushi etc.) probably belong in an AMG but..... and well, you already have one.

Let us know if you go ahead and be sure to post the results.

Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ
So, I've seen all the awful stuff that people have posted about Omey and his company AMS. Now, from what I've read, it seems that people feel as though since he has no engineering background that his products are bogus. Some other people felt that pulleys were not only unsafe (in terms of the crank) but also weren't worth the little to no hp that is actually freed up as a result of lighter weight pulley. Now I for sure have no engineering background, I would like to think I'm pretty mechanically savvy but I'm kinda at a stand still here. I haven't seen any of you 350 owners shell out for one, so I wanted to see why it was you decided against it if you have. Or, maybe you just didn't know there was a pulley available for our cars. The member who was his biggest basher seemed to be a pretty knowledgeable guy and while I don't know him I think he made some pretty good points. However, there was one member who is currently supercharging is C55 (can't remember his name) who used his pulley and said he made some decent power with it. I just want to get a better feeling from you guys either why you chose to avoid it or if you just didn't know it existed. If you are just finding out, what are you thoughts? Any comments/feedback is appreciated. I can't be the only one looking to get a little more kick out my 350 engine am I? Thanks guys
Old 02-17-2009, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Hey man,
Thanks I appreciate it. Thats why I keep doing it