Called MBUSA Friday about NAV and Voice Activated V60

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 07:37 PM
jhb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
Called MBUSA Friday about NAV and Voice Activated V60

I called MBUSA yesterday about the Navigation availability and Voice Activated V60 availability. "First Quarter, 2003, sometime between January and March for both" was the reply. She added "we are no longer prewiring for later addition of the Navigation so those ordering cars may be delayed if they want that because cars with installed navigation will not be produced until March."

I said, "I paid for the V60 in October without a discount and navigation with a discount. It appears they will come out at the same time. Will MBUSA do a discount rebate for me?" Her response, "ask the sales manager at your dealership to take it up with MBUSA". So, Monday, I plan to make that call.

I will keep you posted.

Jeff
Old 01-27-2003, 07:15 AM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
jhb,

thanks for the info. This is what I have been told by my dealer and my production hold is indicative of this information. Looks like my car will be made in March, I am trying to have the dealer get me an exact date. Who knows...let me know what your dealer says on the rebate info.

Apurva
Old 01-27-2003, 11:09 AM

2003 MB E500
Thanks for the info Jeff. I don't understand why MD can't release info on the Nav system. If we are that close to production they must have all the system specs finalized I would think.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:00 PM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
I agree. Perhaps we are overly sensitive because we are enthusiasts and want new cars (from MB anyway) as soon as they come out. Probably the average person isn't as compulsive about being the first on the block to have one and just waits until MB releases the features they want, or doesn't care about Navigation, voice activated phones, etc.

Then, there are the raising of "expectations" problem if they announce a date for some option's availability and then can't meet it. For example, the wood wheels. I couldn't find out a sure date for the availability of them. So, I was really happy when they "appeared" and I could get one. (Does rayscar have his yet as he should?????). I suppose I would be even more disappointed if a date certain were given and not met, than being kept in suspense!!

Jeff