E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Will my satellite radio components from my '06 CLK350 work on my '05 E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 E63
Will my satellite radio components from my '06 CLK350 work on my '05 E55?

I'm selling my '06 CLK350 and am wondering about transferring the satellite radio components from it to my '05 E55, which is prewired. Questions:

1. Will the CLK system work on the '05 W211? I know there have been some wiring changes from some model years to the next and there is no point in pulling the stuff out of the CLK if it won't work on the E.

2. If the answer to no. 1 is yes, what exactly do the components in the kit consist of besides the antenna? I had the dealer install the setup when I bought the CLK, and everything is mounted under the trunk lid. I can identify the antenna, but there is also a squarish (maybe 6" or so) fairly thin metal box mounted in the center of the underside of the decklid which has MBZ markings and a couple of wires plugged into it, and what appears to be maybe a ground wire attached over on the right side of the decklid (opposite side from the antenna, which is mounted on the left). Do I need all this stuff, or is some of it unrelated to the satellite radio?

3. Again assuming the answer to no. 1 is yes, can the antenna be mounted in the same place, i.e, under the trunk lid, or would I have to go the t-bone/MBenzNL route and mount it under the rear package shelf? I gather the CLK trunk lid may be composite and the W211 is metal, which would lead me to believe it wouldn't work under the deck lid, but I've also read at least one post where someone claimed it did work when mounted under the trunk lid on an E55.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by R. Range; 03-04-2009 at 10:51 PM.