E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Display Symbol / Display Messages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320
Display Symbol / Display Messages

A symbol that looked like a faucet is displayed in my control system but there is no malfunction message in the multifunction display. The manual indicates the possible cause as follows "Certain electronic systems are unable to relay information to the control system. The following systems may have failed:"
. Coolant temperature display
. Tachometer
. Cruise control display

I have tested the above suggested failed systems and they are still functional. What do you think could be the reason for the coming up of the display symbol? Has anyone experienced this problem? My Car is a 2004 E320

Last edited by grandmaster; 03-15-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: i need to add the make of my car
Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by grandmaster
A symbol that looked like a faucet is displayed in my control system but there is no malfunction message in the multifunction display. The manual indicates the possible cause as follows "Certain electronic systems are unable to relay information to the control system. The following systems may have failed:"
. Tachometer
. Cruise control display

I have tested the above suggested failed systems and they are still functional. What do you think could be the reason for the coming up of the display symbol? Has anyone experienced this problem? My Car is a 2004 E320
Can you take a picture of it will your cell phone or something and post it?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E320 Bluetec
A faucet? Now I've heard everything. Please take picture.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by grandmaster
. Tachometer
. Cruise control display

I would suggest you have a dealer, independent, or anyone with SDS access check for stored fault codes.
Attached Thumbnails Display Symbol / Display Messages-scan.jpg