E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Brake - Visit Workshop - Don't Hate me!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500
Brake - Visit Workshop - Don't Hate me!

Great board over here, already been a big help! I searched on this but did not find the answer I am looking for.

Bought an 05 E500 a week ago. Keyless Go, Nav, Apperance Package, etc. Love the car, wife loves it more.

We have put 250 miles on it. 3 random times the message Brake - Visit Workshop has come up. Not wear indicator, not in red. Will not come on next 15 starts. I do not think it is the $10 switch because the Keyless Go works fine.

I am leaning towards SBC problem, but wanted to check here first.

Also - the top disc drive on my Nav unit does not accept anything. Konigstiger suggested a new unit, but $4000 is a touch steep for me. Any other ideas?
On a side note, does MB Roadside handle tow's if the SBC pump fails? Car is out of warranty - except that part.

Thanks!

Last edited by 2002b4ccamaro; 03-20-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by 2002b4ccamaro
3 random times the message Brake - Visit Workshop has come up. On a side note, does MB Roadside handle tow's if the SBC pump fails? Car is out of warranty - except that part. Thanks!
Your 211.070 falls within VIN range of recall 2005110001 – SBC wiring harness have the dealer check VMI (vehicle master inquiry) to see if it was performed. This “may” or be the problem.

Yes, dealer should flatbed the vehicle in at no cost if SBC pump fails under extended warranty.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:42 PM

Yeah I had exact prob...dealer told me to get a new $500 battery..and after reseting the error codes the message was back after a week..So that money went down the drain..finally i suggested something around sbc..and low and behold it was around a sbc recall..a $3000 fix that was free of charge.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Your 211.070 falls within VIN range of recall 2005110001 – SBC wiring harness have the dealer check VMI (vehicle master inquiry) to see if it was performed. This “may” or be the problem.

Yes, dealer should flatbed the vehicle in at no cost if SBC pump fails under extended warranty.
Exactly. When the RED total brake failure came on in our E500 I parked it, called flat bed truck from the dealer and the warranty covered.

However I called the dealer for the tow truck and they told me, "only if we determine the car is not drivable will we pay the tow".. However with the BIG RED flashing it is hard to claim it is safe to drive.

NEW SBC pump fixed the problem. Now can't help but wonder when will it fail again?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:42 AM

2005 E500
Thanks Y'all. I will call and check the VMI - I also have an Indy shop that will check the code for free to see if I need to take it in. Love this Board!
Old 03-22-2009, 08:50 PM

2003 E320
Originally Posted by 2002b4ccamaro
Great board over here, already been a big help! I searched on this but did not find the answer I am looking for.

Bought an 05 E500 a week ago. Keyless Go, Nav, Apperance Package, etc. Love the car, wife loves it more.

We have put 250 miles on it. 3 random times the message Brake - Visit Workshop has come up. Not wear indicator, not in red. Will not come on next 15 starts. I do not think it is the $10 switch because the Keyless Go works fine.

I am leaning towards SBC problem, but wanted to check here first.

Also - the top disc drive on my Nav unit does not accept anything. Konigstiger suggested a new unit, but $4000 is a touch steep for me. Any other ideas?
On a side note, does MB Roadside handle tow's if the SBC pump fails? Car is out of warranty - except that part.

Thanks!

I got this error and I had to take the car to the dealer twice. The first time they told me it was an old message stored on the computer. The second time they found a problem with a sensor on the Brake Pedal and that took care of it.

I believe there are several problems that could cause this message so, not certain that how they solved mine will solve yours but, it is good to mention it to the dealer just in case.

When I bought my 2003 E320 from the dealer I bought an Extended Warranty so, this was covered under the warranty.

Good luck.