E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Broken Nav

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 GLE 450
Broken Nav

My navigation has been acting up. It is showing a totally different location and occasionally showing me moving when car is standing still. Took car to dealer who told me they need to replace processor board for $1k (of course!). Konigster suggested updating COMAND and Nav firmware, and that fixed nav for a few days. Upgrading the firmware allowed me to play MP3s and showed estimate for time of arrival!

However, nav started acting up again so I was wondering if there was a way to reboot the Nav system or am I SOL? Thanks for any suggestions/help!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
Originally Posted by jdhoang
My navigation has been acting up. It is showing a totally different location and occasionally showing me moving when car is standing still. Took car to dealer who told me they need to replace processor board for $1k (of course!). Konigster suggested updating COMAND and Nav firmware, and that fixed nav for a few days. Upgrading the firmware allowed me to play MP3s and showed estimate for time of arrival!

However, nav started acting up again so I was wondering if there was a way to reboot the Nav system or am I SOL? Thanks for any suggestions/help!
I don't think there's a way to reboot. But you might try pulling the fuse for the Comand and waiting a few minutes --- or even disconnecting the battery for a minute. I once had a completely frozen system and the MB technician pulled off one of the battery terminals (main battery in the trunk) waited a minute and reconnected it and bingo, everything was back to normal.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by jdhoang
Rather than disconnecting the battery in which case you may need to normalize various settings (sunroof, windows, seats, etc.) pull f3 (audio gateway) and f6 (navigation processor) fuses at the rear SAM located behind and forward of the navigation processor for a minute or two and reinstall. However, no guarantee this will clear the malfunction. Check your email.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:08 PM

2021 GLE 450
Many thanks again for sending me docs on SAM, konigstiger! Was just going to ask where the fuses were located.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:42 AM

2021 GLE 450
Pulling the F3 and F6 fuses as recommended by konigstiger did reset my Nav and fixed the problem! Hopefully, this fix will last for some time, but at least I know what to do if Nav acts up again.

Thanks again for your help, konigstiger and weinschela!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
If not already, should this post become a sticky? Tks. for the help Kongistiger