E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MBZ bluetooth for Iphone 3G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 Wagon, GL 550
MBZ bluetooth for Iphone 3G

I have a 2004 E500 Wagon and I am looking for a bluetooth solution, for my iphone 3G, that will integrate with the phone system.

I was told by the dealer that the MBZ adapter solution is not compatible with the Iphone version 2.2.1. seconds before it was to be installed.

Does anyone have an experience with this situation or a good aftermarket solution?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 AM

04 E320 4matic
The Bluetooth Puck with tail Part # B 67875855 is the way to go. Plugs into a jack located in the false floor of the center console upper compartment. You need to have Star Diagnostics done at the dealer to Tele-Aid that the phone is present. All functions work with Iphone 3g, address book, steering wheel controls. There are many threads here on this subject.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:53 PM

2004 E500 Wagon, GL 550
Thanks for the reply as the other posts left me with the impression that this solution has produced mixed results. The dealer basically talked me out of this option, but it sounds like it is the way to go.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
560SL, E500
Originally Posted by castrofc
Thanks for the reply as the other posts left me with the impression that this solution has produced mixed results. The dealer basically talked me out of this option, but it sounds like it is the way to go.
Trust me, IT IS the way to go. This works ONLY for 03 and 04 W211s, so you're in luck. It works through the pre-installed speaker system and microphone for TELEAID (which doesn't need to be upgraded to digital).

I have an 03 E500, installed the "puck with tail" myself then took to dealer for version coding. WORKS PERFECT (caller ID on COMAND, steering wheel controls, auto mute of speakers, phone book downloaded).

You can get the puck with tail about $75 cheaper online (as compared to dealer). Once installed, MB dealer can version code your vehicle so it "recognizes" there's a telephone "present" and you're done. I have the Version Code instructions in case you need them.

A LOT of dealers either don't know about this, or act like they don't so they can charge you more (up to $2,000). DON'T LET THEM.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
I can confirm that the 04 puck solution works with 3G iPod.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Chicago_Buckeye
Trust me, IT IS the way to go. This works ONLY for 03 and 04 W211s, so you're in luck. It works through the pre-installed speaker system and microphone for TELEAID (which doesn't need to be upgraded to digital).

I have an 03 E500, installed the "puck with tail" myself then took to dealer for version coding. WORKS PERFECT (caller ID on COMAND, steering wheel controls, auto mute of speakers, phone book downloaded).

You can get the puck with tail about $75 cheaper online (as compared to dealer). Once installed, MB dealer can version code your vehicle so it "recognizes" there's a telephone "present" and you're done. I have the Version Code instructions in case you need them.

A LOT of dealers either don't know about this, or act like they don't so they can charge you more (up to $2,000). DON'T LET THEM.

That is not a normal US version of COMAND is it?? And your option buttons below are configured differently than mine. I have the rear sun-shade and ESP swapped... Weird.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:37 AM

2004 E500 Wagon, GL 550
Tested iPhone 3G (and Ipod thru phone) in E-Class of MBZ parts department employee and both worked flawlessly.

Had both BT module and iPod adapter installed by dealer today... and both did not work.

Had to leave it overnight so will try again tomorrow AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
560SL, E500
Originally Posted by bobgodd
That is not a normal US version of COMAND is it?? And your option buttons below are configured differently than mine. I have the rear sun-shade and ESP swapped... Weird.
You're right, it's a EURO COMAND. US versions have SAT where the EURO have VIDEO. I switched it so I could have DVD in motion (disabling "driver distraction" through the Engineering Menu). I then connected the SIRIUS Satellite Radio directly to the COMAND, and control it through the SIRIUS receiver (installed in center pocket).

Regarding the buttons for ESP and rear shade being switched, that is weird. Do they allow beer at the assembly line?

Last edited by Chicago_Buckeye; 03-27-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:47 PM

2004 E500 Wagon, GL 550
Originally Posted by Chicago_Buckeye

Thanks- BT puck with iPhone 3G working fine
Old 04-18-2009, 02:45 PM

2010 E350
Just did upgrade this morning with coding/ Now a dumb question .How do I download my phone list from Motorola Q to my car?
I downloaded from q to mbphone but when you hit list on headunit all I get is the 123 or abc/No phone numbers or names

Last edited by lfaerber@cox.ne; 04-18-2009 at 03:52 PM.