E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

i have a few problems i need your help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009 | 04:12 AM

2003 E500 sport
Unhappy i have a few problems i need your help!!!

hey guys i got a few problems with the car.
first im geting brake noise from the left front brakes i pulled the wheel and it all looks good but the wierd part is that its wile im rolling but if i just touch the brakes very lighty the noise goes away its like brake noise mixed with a little grinding so what could this be.

also i have a lot of belt noise and the car sounds a little like a desel and is very agravating to me.
the belt is a new oem replacement gates belt.
help me out guys and thanks.
Old 04-06-2009 | 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by shaunls1
hey guys i got a few problems with the car.
first im geting brake noise from the left front brakes i pulled the wheel and it all looks good but the wierd part is that its wile im rolling but if i just touch the brakes very lighty the noise goes away its like brake noise mixed with a little grinding so what could this be.

also i have a lot of belt noise and the car sounds a little like a desel and is very agravating to me.
the belt is a new oem replacement gates belt.
help me out guys and thanks.
The grinding when you step on the brakes could be a defective wheel bearing. Jack the car up and spin the wheel. Listen for any roughness. Also pull the wheel bottom and top to check movement. Excessive movement is indication of defective bearing. If the noise does not occur when hitting bumps with the brakes off it is probably not suspension. Look closely at the wheel you will find the problem.

If you replaced the belt you should have checked idle pulley bearing. I just changed my belt with "OEM" and found the idle pulley defective. After changing the pulley AND belt it is very quiet.
Old 04-06-2009 | 03:12 PM

2003 E500 sport
well theres no grinding when i turn the wheel with the car jacked up and it dont do it over bumps.
i notice it when im driveing next to another car and the sound gets bounced back and its fairly loud and also embarasing lol.
im going to pull the wheel again and maybe pull the pads and see what i come up with.

as for the pulley where can i get it and do you have a part# or should i just call the dealer?
thanks.
Old 04-06-2009 | 04:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by shaunls1
as for the pulley where can i get it and do you have a part# or should i just call the dealer? thanks.
tightener pulley part # 0002020919 (parts.com $22.42) - check PM