E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Missing/broken bumper screen ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 E500 Flint Grey - Charcoal
Missing/broken bumper screen ..

Driving home late last night there was a cone in the middle of the road .. didn't see it until the last minute and to late to swerve ...

Put a small crack in the front bumper and the screen cover that goes in the lower center area of the bumper is missing ..

Looks like a relatively cheap part (<$20) . my question is does anyone know if this just snaps in?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E350
Just snaps in.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Originally Posted by dvmak
Driving home late last night there was a cone in the middle of the road .. didn't see it until the last minute and to late to swerve ...

Put a small crack in the front bumper and the screen cover that goes in the lower center area of the bumper is missing ..

Looks like a relatively cheap part (<$20) . my question is does anyone know if this just snaps in?
Had a similar issue with my SL. Yes, it just snaps it.

The plastic anchors that hold the screen to the bumper are probably broken, too, and will likely need to be replaced.

If you buy new from the dealer you'll get new anchors along with the new screen. Unfortunately it costs WAY more than $20. My dealer gave me a discount and it still cost more than $100.

You might be able to buy a used screen online or from salvage for a lot less but that takes time and effort to track down, plus you'll need to come up with replacement anchors.

Good luck!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by jmf003
Had a similar issue with my SL. Yes, it just snaps it.

The plastic anchors that hold the screen to the bumper are probably broken, too, and will likely need to be replaced.

If you buy new from the dealer you'll get new anchors along with the new screen. Unfortunately it costs WAY more than $20. My dealer gave me a discount and it still cost more than $100.

You might be able to buy a used screen online or from salvage for a lot less but that takes time and effort to track down, plus you'll need to come up with replacement anchors.

Good luck!

x2.........is it an AMG/Sport bumper
Old 04-12-2009, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 E500 Flint Grey - Charcoal
Thanx all for the heads up .. glad it's just a simple snap on ... This is the standard bumper .. not AMG so maybe that's why it's so much cheaper???

Hopefully they can express ship it .. I don't want to drive the car with the screen missing as small rocks can damage the oil cooler ...