E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Kleeman Box CDI vs. Kleeman Box Bluetec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS430
Kleeman Box CDI vs. Kleeman Box Bluetec

I know both cars are efficient and get a mpg boost with the KD Box. My question is how much has your car gained mpg wise from the Kleeman Box? Is the the difference in power and torque noticeable as I've read that it jumps power to 225hp and torque to 425lbs for the CDIs. I'm guessing the Bluetec gains the same numbers as well.

Based on what I read for non-KD box cars, the CDI is getting better mpg than the bluetec. Also what's the highest mpg for city, combined and highway you have ever experienced on your CDI/Bluetec?

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDi, 2008 3/4 Ton Suburban, 2007 "rice rickshaw" Accord 5 speed
Originally Posted by E55AMGFan
I know both cars are efficient and get a mpg boost with the KD Box. My question is how much has your car gained mpg wise from the Kleeman Box? Is the the difference in power and torque noticeable as I've read that it jumps power to 225hp and torque to 425lbs for the CDIs. I'm guessing the Bluetec gains the same numbers as well.

Based on what I read for non-KD box cars, the CDI is getting better mpg than the bluetec. Also what's the highest mpg for city, combined and highway you have ever experienced on your CDI/Bluetec?

Thanks everyone!
I have a Bullydog box and it is great. I guess the Kleemann is just as good or better. However, you must forget the more power better mileage nonsense. You do not install a tuning box for economy. The best mileage I got is 28 mpg city and 40 mpg highway. Someone in this blog site claimed 70 mpg but let me tell you it is impossible under "normal" every day driving.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:51 PM

GL350-Bluetec P1
I get about 2 mpg better with KD-Box on Bluetec, and a significant increase on torque. How much? I haven't done a dyno so I can't tell you for sure. Sure makes the care a lot more peppy. The mpg is by the pump and not the car display...
Old 04-14-2009, 10:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320 CDI, SL550, clk550
As has been mentioned before, the Kleeman box really makes the motor run better. I don't notice much change in economy but the whoosh on the highway is so much better.

As a side note, my wife generally can't stand diesels. Most of that opinion based on some of the trucks I've had for towing. I'm out of town right now and she's driving my CDI for the first time. I've had some great road cars and she drives an SL550 which is pretty nice on the highway. She thinks the CDI is the nicest highway car we've ever had. "it's a little noisy around town but it's worth it for highway ease". I'm going to have a hard time getting it back from her.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:17 PM

LS430
Originally Posted by harkgar
I have a Bullydog box and it is great. I guess the Kleemann is just as good or better. However, you must forget the more power better mileage nonsense. You do not install a tuning box for economy. The best mileage I got is 28 mpg city and 40 mpg highway. Someone in this blog site claimed 70 mpg but let me tell you it is impossible under "normal" every day driving.
I highly doubt 70mpg is attainable but It seems like people can land 29-32 city if they take it lightly and go into the 40s (40-42) on the highway. It seems like the KD box is great for the added torque for off the line driveability. A 2-3 mpg boost is pretty nice. Thanks for the replies guys!