Beware of BuyMBparts.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320 Wagon , 1973 280ce , 1969 280se
Originally Posted by willy2004
The guy I'm talking about is Trent at buymbparts.biz

bottom line: he is incompetent, inexperienced, and dishonest.

The details of my story will likely bore you......fortunately I paid with credit card, so I'm not out any coin - but I suspect he's trying to rip off my credit card company.
The details won't bore me . I paid him for parts on May 23rd & haven't received any parts yet....just excuses....
I pm'd you also & I am anxious to hear the details.....and I'll share my detail's with you as well.....

All this is almost unbelievable to me because I have bought my parts from this business for almost 10 years....w/o any incident.
Trent just took over the business a few months ago and all of my difficulties started with my May 23rd order. So something is seriously wrong with Trent's business practice . I hope others chime in , if they too have issues with this place......
Old 06-17-2013, 03:19 PM

bicycle
i'm wondering if you are even safe paying by credit card

The details of my story will likely bore you......fortunately I paid with credit card, so I'm not out any coin - but I suspect he's trying to rip off my credit card company.
you may not be so fortunate. i'm thinking this is buymbparts.biz is a ponzi scheme. basically, a few orders are shipped to "prove" that it is a legit business so more money can be brought in. after 3 months, there is maybe 100,000 dollars in outstanding orders, but that money will not be in the bank as the flood of chargebacks is expected by the schemers. so maybe there is 5.000 in the bank for the bank to collect from and everyone else will be left with a loss.

in other words, your bank may not pay you if they cannot recover the money from the account it was deposited into when you purchased from buymbparts.biz. there may not be any money left, so my advice is try to get what you can ASAP

i founded buymbparts 15 years ago and have watched it get more and more viciously crooked till it has reached the point where it is at now. even though i've had nothing to do with this company for many years now, these are sad days for me. i feel sort of like a parent whose child has run away from home and now i see him on the nightly news evolved into a hardened criminal

i know for a fact that there are honest, conscientious and competent parts vendors out there as i am one myself. i personally believe i'm the best one out there and many agree with me, but maybe you do not and ought to buy from someone else. but why would you ever buy from an outfit such as buymbparts.biz? is trent part of the mercedes community ? does he have any track record at all in mercedes parts? can you find any public record at all about him other than he gets arrested for drunk driving? why does he look so much better than some email from nigeria?

it boggles the mind how easily he/they has been able to pull this con off. hopefully your bank will pay you off even if the money is not there anymore.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:21 PM
VII

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
2016 S65, 2014 SLK55 (Previous 2013 SLK350, 2008 CLS63, 2006 E350, 2006 CLS500, 2005 C230K)
About parts.com

Just wanted to add positive feedback about parts.com. I get all my MB and porsche parts from them, lucky for me it's been mostly MB.

For the shipping charge of 12.99 or 15% just ask that they charge the minimun shipping if your order is of small items or ask for a quote. I have always gotten the 12.99 charge after I started asking. (It's a shame they don't do this for you)

They are not the best in speed, taking about 5 business days after order was placed for items to arrive, but they get any part you request except for batteries. And if they have to they will ship from several locations with no extra charge (Drop ship from dealers).

Only once did I have a problem because I ordered two upper ball joints and received only one but I just called and they overnighted the missing part without hassle.

Just my 0.02
Old 06-18-2013, 04:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
300SD
Trent at buymbparts.biz ripped me off too, for $150. Will not respond to emails, phone calls, though he did send an email last week saying his vendor (Worldpac) was the problem but have not heard anything since when I told him to refund my money.

I have contacted my bank. I called the local police dept to file a complaint but they said I needed to deal with my local PD, which I am doing.

This is his local address. The number reaches his answering service who text or fax or email him the msgs.
buymbparts

300 west Miller Rd. Sterling, IL 61081 map

Phone:
1-800-741-5252
Old 06-18-2013, 06:51 PM

Trent really messed things up. And a more cordially guy on the phone , I haven't met recently. Mean while he had no intention of sending me my part. And he quoted me such mouth watering prices too. After a few calls , after my initial order and payment, I started to suspect that I was getting the 'hot air' treatment. Too many excuses, too many times. Well, I hope I get my $760. + dollars back and credited to my acct...

There has to be others out there as well....Can't be just us few guys talking within this thread that are victims.....Anybody else out there want to chime in?
Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 PM

300SD
I know of 3 others who have had the same experience, for varying amounts. One guy did get a few things, then nothing else.

He said he tried to submit my order 3 or 4 times, the first time he had some part numbers wrong, the other times he says Worldpac came back with "not in stock" but I'm not sure he was entering parts correctly.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:09 PM

Ask them to comment here.

He may not have been entering your part #'s at all....

The quotes he gave me were incredible. Now I know how he did it. They weren't real. Neither was or is Trent.....

But we, the victims , are real .....

As I said earlier, I've been buying from this business for 10 years....
Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 PM
ON SUSPENSION

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quite a few:)
I use world pac every day..it's designed so anyone with an IQ of about 75 can muster enough brain activity to order the part w/o issue. Do mistakes happen, sure Sometimes, but it is fairly rare.
If he was having THAT much trouble there is a whole fleet of order clerks that will do the ordering for you if you tell them what you need...ie, not even a part #, just a verbal description. novel.

This sounds like quite the little arrangement he's got going on there.

j
Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 AM

bicycle
there is no "trying to submit an order 3 or 4 times"

Originally Posted by RTChoke
I know of 3 others who have had the same experience, for varying amounts. One guy did get a few things, then nothing else.

He said he tried to submit my order 3 or 4 times, the first time he had some part numbers wrong, the other times he says Worldpac came back with "not in stock" but I'm not sure he was entering parts correctly.
i am a retail parts vendor specializing in mercedes who has personally sold around $4.000,000 in parts via mail order and i can say with the confidence of great experience on the subject that this story simply makes no sense at all.

every worldpac account holder has a dedicated sales rep, so if you cannot for some reason submit an order electronically (which is, in my experience, very rare) you can call or email or message your sales rep. if your sales rep is unreachable for some reason, worldpac has a sales desk, where you can call a toll free number and a clerk will process your order

the reality is that most problems with worldpac can be sorted out in a matter of moments and even the most complex problems take only a few days to sort out. there is no such thing as not being able to place an order with worldpac over the period of several minutes let alone several weeks. furthermore, there are other suppliers than worldpac, so on the incredibly unlikely off chance that wolrdpac simply can't get it straight, there are many others he can call to fix the situation, also in a few moments.

about 85% of orders placed with me are delivered in 3 business days and nearly all within 5 business days. furthermore, your credit card is not charged until i actually have your order set up and ready to ship, so on that basis alone there cannot possibly be an excuse for such a lag between payment and shipment. furthermore, on the very rare occasion that i cannot ship what has been promised, a refund is issued

based on my 15 years of experience in this business, i can confidently say that trent is not operating as a legitimate parts vendor operates. i am told that trent is still taking new orders as i type this despite the fact that weeks of old orders have not been delivered nor have refunds been issued.

i think all there is now for victims to do is contact their credit card company and the local police in trent's jurisdiction so as to recover whatever of their money can be recovered. i am told there are people out there who are still supporting trent (which is actually pretty suspicious), but i personally think it would be pretty irresponsible at this point to allow more victims to be created instead of putting a stop to this activity
Old 06-19-2013, 01:32 PM

Support for Trent ? I supported him from 5/23/13 when my order was initially placed in his hands until this past Sunday 6/16 when I woke up and came to my senses. I can't believe he is still taking orders and doing business as usual.....This really is a mess......
Old 06-20-2013, 10:48 AM

bicycle
Originally Posted by 67300se5spd
Support for Trent ? I supported him from 5/23/13 when my order was initially placed in his hands until this past Sunday 6/16 when I woke up and came to my senses. I can't believe he is still taking orders and doing business as usual.....This really is a mess......
where do you park all those cars?
Old 06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
VII

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
2016 S65, 2014 SLK55 (Previous 2013 SLK350, 2008 CLS63, 2006 E350, 2006 CLS500, 2005 C230K)
Originally Posted by Gary Hurst
I'm going to go on a limb and say he it's probably using one of those driveway things
Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 PM

bicycle
Originally Posted by VII
I'm going to go on a limb and say he it's probably using one of those driveway things

you have never lived in NYC, huh? very congested. in most places, no driveway. most driveways, one or two cars max. street parking often difficult or non existent. in manhattan, renting a parking spot costs more than renting a 4 bedroom home does in much of america

it's not that different where i am here in south florida. when i lived in an atlanta suburb, i once owned 9 mercedes and kept them all in my driveway. today i own two bicycles and no car because of parking
Old 07-05-2013, 02:36 PM

I had the exact same experience with these guys, after waiting almost 2 months for the parts to arrive which never did I ended up having the credit card company to get my money back.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Hurst
I keep them upstate ........

As for the subject of this thread...... from what I have gathered , this fraud is still happening ..... Go figure?
Old 07-05-2013, 09:57 PM

bicycle
I keep them upstate ........

As for the subject of this thread...... from what I have gathered , this fraud is still happening ..... Go figure?
do you know if he is still charging credit cards? my impression is that the scam is now blown up and trent has gone into hiding

the whole trent story stunk from day one. you guys should have known better, but i guess it's easy to say that from hindsight

i am getting calls every day of how he would present prices lower than anyone in the world could make on genuine mercedes items (often lower than what a mercedes dealer pays for the part!), which seems now to have been his primary method of making "sales."

live and learn, i guess. i hope you fellas get your money back in the end
Old 07-05-2013, 10:17 PM

No, I don't know if he is still charging cc's...... I hope not......
Old 07-06-2013, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
You can also try the dealer. People that ask me for a discount always get it (especially if you have the part#s) and you are protected by the warranty of the dealership 12 mo unlimited miles if the part fails and we replace it on your vehicle free of charge by a factory trained technician. You can have the part on hand at time of purchase with no shipping charges and you can verify it yourself. Seems like a lot of worrying to do for a bigger discount.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:26 PM

2006 Smart Cabrio, 1985 300TD
Well, I have not bought anything from them since Rusty retired. Rusty was great at running the company.

Today I called to get a couple tubes of windshield sealant and got a "this number is out of service" recording.

R.I.P. BuyMBParts

sigh
Old 07-08-2013, 01:33 PM

2006 Smart Cabrio, 1985 300TD
Exclamation

Any recent updates about the new owner who bought Rusty out in March 2013....?
Apparently he ran the store so poorly, all the years of Gary and Rusty's good work are but a memory. Unless they changed the phone number and didn't post a new one on the site -- which still has the old 800-741-5252 number up.

Calling it gives a recording.

If anyone knows any first-hand details, please post them. No rumors, please!

Thanks

Tom

Former long-term customer of Rusty's
Old 09-01-2013, 01:46 AM

2002 clk
buymbparts.COM

I have to post: this is Trent. I read all the bad about me, and of course Gary chiming in. Rust'y was a great person for suppling parts. how ever, not so profitable to stay in business, I'm sure Gary could imput on this, huh Gary??? Rusty and Gary were partners, notice Rusty is not adding here his two cents, he should, telling how Gary sold " buymbparts.com " to the highest bidder. I am buying this business from Rusty, i may not have made the best choices on the way,but,I dealt with things, but there has been alot of issues. Huh Gary. at least I haven't stole, Huh Gary. I do not have the experiance Rusty had, but I'm trying. I have Tom back to help me with that, and hopefully am able to supply you with the quality parts you want. This will be rare for me to post on here, But I am not affilliated with buymbparts.com . Gary put the whammy on that. nor am I affiliated with any parts site of Gary's. buyeuruoparts.com . The whole Rusty Gary thing can go away as far as I'm concerned. if you want Mercedes parts, call. or go to buymbparts.biz.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:29 PM

c280
Seems you're still facing some order fulfillment problems Trent.

On this thread in m-100.cc some U.K. Mercedes people are having trouble getting an order from you placed in May. You sound sincere, so please help resolve this.

http://www.m-100.co/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7713
Old 09-10-2013, 06:07 PM

Thankfully my cc co took care of me. Trent didn't. I wouldn't go near BUYMBPARTS.BIZ ever again regardless of who is there to ''''help'''' Trent. I would strongly advise anyone considering buying MB parts to shop elsewhere......
Old 10-09-2013, 01:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1992 500E
Have to second the warning

I also ordered parts from Trent at BuyMBParts.biz on 27 September. To date (Oct 9), I've not received the parts. Early last week I spoke to Trent and he promised that the parts had shipped and he would send the tracking number, which never arrived. This week, all attempts to reach Trent have failed and as a result I've disputed the charges with my cc and will go elsewhere to get my parts.

I would like to think that their [buymbparts] intent is to run an honest business and that they are suffering from multiple failures: business inexperience, poor expectation management and most of all failure to own up to the problems and aggressively work to resolve them in favor of the customers that are their life blood.

So, at least as late as October of 2013, I would have to second the sentiments expressed here about this vendor and advise that people buy from another vendor.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:31 PM

And the beat goes on..... So sorry that this calamity is continuing to lure new victims in to it....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beware of BuyMBparts.com