E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Mercedes Benz of Orland Park..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2003 | 02:19 PM

Mercedes Benz of Orland Park..........

Has anyone dealt with this dealership on purchasing a new E500? If so, how well were you treated, and did you get a good deal?

Thanks
Old 02-06-2003 | 02:38 PM

C320
Chicagoland MB Dealers

I would like to expand this question to all Chicago area MB dealers. Our C320 will be coming off lease soon and I plan to purchase an E500 as the replacement. Would like to know who has been treated fairly in both sales and service. Our C came from Lober downtown, but they are now Fletcher-Jones and our salesrep is gone as well, so I am open to dealing with anyone.
Old 02-06-2003 | 03:45 PM

03 E500
Have bought MB's in the past from Loeber, Lincolnwood (fair price, good service) and Motorwerks, Barrington (bad price, good service).
Old 02-22-2003 | 04:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Re: Chicagoland MB Dealers

Originally posted by schoon157
I would like to expand this question to all Chicago area MB dealers. Our C320 will be coming off lease soon and I plan to purchase an E500 as the replacement. Would like to know who has been treated fairly in both sales and service. Our C came from Lober downtown, but they are now Fletcher-Jones and our salesrep is gone as well, so I am open to dealing with anyone.
They now own MB of Chicago? The same Fletcher Jones of Newport Beach and Las Vegas?
Old 02-22-2003 | 11:49 AM

C320
Yep, same Fletcher-Jones. When they took it over their marketing was heavy to say that they had been in the MB business for many years in CA and NV. Besides running MB of Chicago, they also picked up the downtown Chicago Audi and INfiniti dealerships that they are running under the F-J name.
Old 02-22-2003 | 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Originally posted by schoon157
Yep, same Fletcher-Jones. When they took it over their marketing was heavy to say that they had been in the MB business for many years in CA and NV. Besides running MB of Chicago, they also picked up the downtown Chicago Audi and INfiniti dealerships that they are running under the F-J name.
Now that FJ is running MB of Chicago, how does it compare to when it was Loeber Motors? Has it been a change for the better?
Old 02-22-2003 | 05:59 PM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Autohouse on Edens recently expanded and the large dealership up in Lake Forest (forgot their name, Knause?)) seem to do a volume business. I'm not from Chicago but I have vistited both of these dealerships when in the area and have been treated well by the salepersons who have being willing to spend time answering questions from an out of towner. From what I was told it sounded like the Edens dealer can get you a limited supply vehicle (such as an SL500) faster than the Lake Forest dealer though both have large inventories to shop if you are simply looking for something off the lot.
Old 02-22-2003 | 08:43 PM

C320
Other than FJ now offering free Sat. carwashes that Lober never did, I don't know if I can tell any difference. I will admit that I am not there much, maybe twice since the change, but they still seem to be the very low inventory and will order you a car at MSRP for you type of dealer that Lober always seemed to be.
Old 02-27-2003 | 09:30 PM

ABC
Originally posted by northbenz
Autohouse on Edens recently expanded and the large dealership up in Lake Forest (forgot their name, Knause?)) seem to do a volume business. I'm not from Chicago but I have vistited both of these dealerships when in the area and have been treated well by the salepersons who have being willing to spend time answering questions from an out of towner. From what I was told it sounded like the Edens dealer can get you a limited supply vehicle (such as an SL500) faster than the Lake Forest dealer though both have large inventories to shop if you are simply looking for something off the lot.
We tried buying an '03 E320 from Autohaus, and they dealt with us horribly. They were not nice.

We did however, successfully buy a '03 E320 from Loeber in Lincolnwood. They were very nice there and gave us the deal we wanted. They gave us $17,000 trade in value for a 1996 E320 with 53k on it. They also gave us $2000 off sticker on the new car, so we got one hell of a deal. Also, this dealership has excellent inventory. They had 1 SL55 AMG in their inventory not too long ago... These guys can get the cars! All around good dealer. They are also remodeling and constructing a new dealership.
Old 03-03-2003 | 03:17 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Tip time

Thanks for the tip on Loeber from Lincolnwood. Glad to hear they are expanding. I only visted them once several years ago and although pleasant to deal with they seemed to have a very outdated showroom and miniscule inventory. Looks like good things happen to good people. Oh - by the way, Mercedes always dumps a lot of extra inventory and hard to get cars on their newly expanding dealerships so you can sometimes get a car that no one else can by heading over to whomever has just built a zillion square foot facility and is getting ready to have a grand re-opening. Just a tip that may be worth keeping in mind if you are having a difficult time locating the car that seems to absent from everyone else's inventory.