E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

service brake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E350
service brake

guys i was going to change my brake pads but then i took it to mechanic because i didnt want to risk it and they service brake and changed the pads for me. And then he hooked up the computer to erase the message of service brake. It was all good the car said no malfunction but after 10 minutes the malfunction of service brake came back on again. I went back he did whatever he did before but then the same thing happened again. he said it could be the small battery brake in the engine. So i wanted to ask you what is causing the malfunction to came back on again.
So far he changed brake pads, sensors and service it.
any help would be appreciated
Thank you
Old 06-05-2009, 04:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E220 CDI (W211)
Originally Posted by merc687
guys i was going to change my brake pads but then i took it to mechanic because i didnt want to risk it and they service brake and changed the pads for me. And then he hooked up the computer to erase the message of service brake. It was all good the car said no malfunction but after 10 minutes the malfunction of service brake came back on again. I went back he did whatever he did before but then the same thing happened again. he said it could be the small battery brake in the engine. So i wanted to ask you what is causing the malfunction to came back on again.
So far he changed brake pads, sensors and service it.
any help would be appreciated
Thank you
It could be a malfunction in the SBC. It might need reprogramming or replacement.