E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Any Suggestions for GOOD & DURABLE Carpeted Floor Mats for W211?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Question Any Suggestions for GOOD & DURABLE Carpeted Floor Mats for W211?

I'm looking for a set of GOOD Carpeted Floor Mats (Black Color) for W211 that is VERY VERY DURABLE AND HEAVY. The set should include both front and rear mats (set of 4), and should be ALL (or mostly) carpeted.

My last set was purchased in 2002 from PepBoys, weighed about 18 lbs, was made of extremely thick rubber (maybe 0.6cm) with a nice plush carpet on top (maybe 0.5" thick). They have lasted through the years, and look almost new still (although the dimensions don't quite fit the layout of an E-Class quite right... which is why I'm looking for a new set).

Nowadays, PepBoys, Kragen, Sears, Walmart, Target, Amazon.com, etc all carry really thin and light carpeted mats. The "most durable" set I found had 4 mats and weighed 4.5 lbs. It consisted of a thin "carpet" (only a few mm thick) sewn onto a thin rubber sheet (which is probably only 1-2mm thick). It doesn't even have rubber borders or anything. I purchased a set of these for my wife's C-class, and with her shoe heels, she goes through about 1 set of these every year or so.

And the Mercedes-Benz OEM floor mats don't cut it either. The carpeted ones you get at the dealership are very thin, and don't feel durable at all. (Plus, I want to protect them from wear AND double protection for the actual floors of my car, which is why I want a heavy duty set of floor mats to go over that set.) MBUSA sells all-rubber weather-proof floormats, but I want plush carpeted floor mats, NOT 100% rubber ones (don't need them since I don't live in the North-East).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd rather pay MORE for a HIGH QUALITY, DURABLE set of carpeted floor mats for my W211 than $20-$30 for a POS set that I have to replace every year. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by chokaay; 06-07-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Chokaay, if you are looking for really durable quality mats then look here:
http://www.cocomats.com/

These are not carpeted mats but are much, much better, imho.

They advertise in both the Star (MBCA's magazine) and Panorama (PCA's magazine); I'm a member of both the MBCA and PCA.

These are the very best coco style mats out there and can be found in the older classic MBs. I have a set in my Porsche (my E63 is too new yet.)

Highly recommended by classic car restorers and enthusiasts. And by me, of course
Old 06-08-2009, 01:07 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Before you buy new mats, you may want to consider cleaning your MB mats thoroughly and then Scotch-Garding them. I found that that the OEM mats absorb water and moisture, so they get dirty very quickly. I cleaned them, and then used Scotch-Gard carpet protector (about 4 coats). Now, they seem to shed water and dirt rather than collecting water and dirt.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
Originally Posted by 220S
Chokaay, if you are looking for really durable quality mats then look here:
http://www.cocomats.com/

These are not carpeted mats but are much, much better, imho.

They advertise in both the Star (MBCA's magazine) and Panorama (PCA's magazine); I'm a member of both the MBCA and PCA.

These are the very best coco style mats out there and can be found in the older classic MBs. I have a set in my Porsche (my E63 is too new yet.)

Highly recommended by classic car restorers and enthusiasts. And by me, of course

+1 for Cocomats
Old 12-08-2010, 09:59 AM

'06 E320 CDI, '04 Sprinter 316 CDI
Can anyone comment by chance on whether the Sisal or Coco Mat's are nicer?

They are both made by Cocomats.com.

Cheers,

Last edited by kkanuck; 12-08-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-320 Bluetec
I have the sisal, and they are great. Let them air out for a couple of weeks before you put them in your car though, the rubber stinks.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:58 AM

'06 E320 CDI, '04 Sprinter 316 CDI
Originally Posted by dtrentr
I have the sisal, and they are great. Let them air out for a couple of weeks before you put them in your car though, the rubber stinks.
Thanks for the reply.....

The Sisal looks a little more refined, and that was my thinking....they also have a new wool version. They are sending me swatches for my review....

Do you use this set all year round?

How do the colors match to your factory interior color as far as blending in an esthetic way?

Thanks again,
Old 12-08-2010, 11:15 AM

E-320 Bluetec
I leave them in all the time. The factory mats are in the attic, though I'll probably never wear these out. I got the swatches also and would agree that the sisal are a little less "hairy" for lack of a better term. I think they match the carpet well, I have the ivory tex and the light brown carpet.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:24 AM

2015 E350 4matic Sport and 2011 C300 4matic sport
mats...

I take the mats out and just leave the car as it comes from the company. Then when I go to sell it, I put the mats back in. I like the factory carpet, and I dont see any good reason to have the extra mats to push around and take up space...just me...