New review, msn Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
New review, msn Canada

Here:

<a href="http://autos.en.msn.ca/vip/Job/Mercedes-Benz/E-Class/2003.asp">http://autos.en.msn.ca/vip/Job/Merce...Class/2003.asp</a>

Michael
Old 02-14-2003, 07:24 AM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
And ANOTHER review

Older but still valid too!

http://autos.en.msn.ca/Vip/Heraud/Me...lass/2003O.asp
Old 02-14-2003, 11:41 AM

2003 s500 sport
The thing with reviews is that it is still only one individuals point of view, and although this one is overall positive some critiqe like "Why not a second lever for the wiper/washer functions to the right as found on most other brands? "
Well maybe because in Stuttgart what works well should not be changed and tradition counts too.
My 1971 280sel 4.5 and 67 300se coupe both have winshield wipers and lights operetaed from the same place as in the Eclass.
If they managed to put so much functionality into one stick in the 70's whould we need to change it now? It found it cool that when I sat in an E class and wanted to turn the lights on the controls were where I expected them to be.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:00 PM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
Originally posted by 6.3
If they managed to put so much functionality into one stick in the 70's whould we need to change it now? It found it cool that when I sat in an E class and wanted to turn the lights on the controls were where I expected them to be.
Agreed. But the critique about NEW controls is valid: after 2 years I still do not know the menu operation properly, and the light switch should of course be lit.

As you say, these are minor: the review was very positive I thought.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:21 AM
Almost a Member!

Driving Machine

The article notes that people looking for a driving machine look elsewere.....Please tell me they are wrong as my new E will be delivered by end of month.......I find these reviewers tend to be the ultimate perfectionists not able to note deficiencies........and many of the problems noted with my current 540 i did not even notice........well I am a MB owner and hope thery are work arounds to the downsides (like driving ability)....any thoughts are welcome.

Ed Todd
'03 E500
Blace Opal/Ash Interior
Old 02-15-2003, 10:43 AM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
Car's fine

The car's fine.

All the drawbacks mentioned are true but are all minor. And the pluses outeight the minuses by far.

This car may not be a BMW for racing around corners, but it is better than any American car I know. And it is much more confortable and advanced than the BMW. YOu made a good choice, enjoy it!

Mike

PS the new avatar is my own E320's star
Old 02-15-2003, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Re: Driving Machine

Originally posted by frenkeleft
The article notes that people looking for a driving machine look elsewere.....Please tell me they are wrong as my new E will be delivered by end of month.......I find these reviewers tend to be the ultimate perfectionists not able to note deficiencies........and many of the problems noted with my current 540 i did not even notice........well I am a MB owner and hope thery are work arounds to the downsides (like driving ability)....any thoughts are welcome.

Ed Todd
'03 E500
Blace Opal/Ash Interior
Just returned from a 3500 mile drive with my E500. I can't even guess why they would make the negative statement. The car was flawless. It is so fast (and I love fast) that it is scarey. It will set you back in your seat at any speed. The suspension settings allow you to take any curves that I encountered at speed.
They may have been talking about a test track...surely not about any highway or road conditions you might expect to find.

You made a good choice...don't worry about it

Ed

Added: Just noticed that they give the base price of the E320 at $69,950 and the E500 at $81,500. ????? That is a pretty basic mistake in a review.

Last edited by etenn; 02-15-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:38 PM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
Re: Re: Driving Machine

Just noticed that they give the base price of the E320 at $69,950 and the E500 at $81,500. ????? That is a pretty basic mistake in a review. [/B]
Are those prices not right? I think they are. Maybe the E500 is off, is that what you mean?

(Or perhaps you are assuming that US dollars are the only dollars? That would be a pretty basic mistake! :-) Taiwan, Hong Kong, Canada, and many other countries have dollars. These prices are in Canadian dollars (C$1 is about US$0.65).)

Cheers
Mike
Old 02-15-2003, 08:39 PM
Almost a Member!

thanks for the positive feed back

I found the same with my Bimmers the articles and the boards tend to magnify problems that are usually minor......I am getting excited and will post my opinions after logging some real miles after breakin

Ed Todd
03 E500
Black Opal/Ash Interior
Old 02-15-2003, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Re: Re: Re: Driving Machine

Originally posted by mwillems
Are those prices not right? I think they are. Maybe the E500 is off, is that what you mean?

(Or perhaps you are assuming that US dollars are the only dollars? That would be a pretty basic mistake! :-) Taiwan, Hong Kong, Canada, and many other countries have dollars. These prices are in Canadian dollars (C$1 is about US$0.65).)

Cheers
Mike
Nooooo....I don't assume that US dollars are the only dollars. I just missed the fact that it was a Canadian article.

ed
Old 02-16-2003, 08:25 AM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
Ah

Ah, so it was indeed a Canadian dollar thing. Glad I was able to help

BTW in many countries you WOULD pay those prices in us$ for cars with all the standard North American options. MB cars are very cheap in US/Canada.

We should do a comparison. HOw much for this car with this level of options. I'll post the exact options included in Cnada, if anyone is interested in comparing?

Mike