E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Heated seats problem W211

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 270 CDIA 2002
Heated seats problem W211

Have a problem on my W211 -02, front seats does not get warm. There are no sign of life on switces, however all the other function- buttons on the consol works ok.

On the fault-tester no errors were visible and fuses are also tested. MB -service can not find a cure of this..Problem has been on pretty long time..

Strange episode happend a awhile ago:

Car had stand 2 weeks:

1. Central locking opened only with the mechanical key.
2. Message "low battery"
2. After I started car; new message appeared which asked to change the ignition key.
3. Changed to spare key, after hours driving; blinkers, wipers or horn did not work.
4. Came home and changed to old inginition key-> everything started to work propely again. Tryed the heated seats buttons and eaven those worked again!

However after couple of days problem on seats persisted again...

Does anybody have advises how to get this problem solved??
Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E240
I had the same problem with my W211-03 E240. I removed the 25 ohm fuse from the cabinet fuse box which related to the seat heating system.

The key fob works for 10 mins after bulling out the key from the ignition.

The seat heating system was causing a battery drain, and the other computerized options (key fob, wipers, . . .etc) had been disabled by the ECU "consumers switched off".

The seat heating was consuming the current from the battery during the sleeping mode (when the car locked by the key fob)

I hope this would help.