E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MB Entertainment System for E500?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 10:04 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB Entertainment System for E500?

Ok, I need to know that if MB has any entertainment system besides the COMAND which plays DVDs... I would like to know if MB has a package or combo that i can get and it will include two TV sets rear mounted in the driver's and pasanger's headrest... It would be great if you guys can help me out by finding out if MB has a entertainment system for the rear... I have included in the pic below you can see what i can talking about.. I had contacted MB yesterday and they said they had no info on any thing like that! I think to call MB is useless asking a Dealer is better but just help me out see if you know anything and how much would it be around if MB has it... I am sure MB has it........
Old 02-23-2003, 10:16 AM

Its so called the AMG Advanced Mobile Media (DVD, Video Consoles, Digital Camera....) . I am not sure when is it gonna come out but it will be available for the E and the S. However, they are also gonna come out a commuication system package for the E and the S. In this package, it includes Telefax, Copy machine, Printer, Scanner und Modem ... and also 2 portable ports for Notebook, Mobile phones or Personal Organizer.

Once i know the exact release date, i will let you know.

Mike

Last edited by mike82y; 02-23-2003 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Almost a Member!

Cool it is great... Can you tell me if you can get only the tvs and the dvd... and how much would this go for about? like in genreal and will this be available, u think it will be available on the E-500 2004?
Old 03-28-2003, 11:35 AM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Found the pricing:

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-992836.html
Old 03-28-2003, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord EX V6
Wow that looks nice. So is that available at US or not yet?
Old 02-29-2004, 03:06 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
Anyone know more about this? I would like to have a DVD with two screens- HAs anyone on the boards done so?
Old 02-29-2004, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
WAIT! So with the Entertainment package you can play dvd's?? Oh and btw that headrest setup is really ghetto. You can go to a good stereo shop and have them custom make you something were you dont have 'objects' protruding out your headrestraints.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:10 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
US cars will not play DVD's as I understand- But I want to either get it modified or add a DVD player unit to display on two rear screens.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:53 PM

2004 S55
The system in the picture is not available in the US and is not slated to be but is currently available in Europe via special order. I formally inquired to MBUSA about the availability of the AMG Advanced Mobile Media Rear Seat Entertainment System (that's the name of the system). There have been several discussions on this since it was first shown early last year at an auto show in Europe. You can do a forum search for the Advanced Mobile Media and get lots of info.

For quick reference, here's a link to the Rear Seat Entertainment page on the AMG website:

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/omb/amg...t/rearseat.htm

Here's a link to the Mobile Office options page:

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/omb/amg...kat/mobile.htm

These are special order options from the AMG factory (if you're in Europe) that unfortunately are not available for order in the US. Here's a link to the price list for AMG special options:

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/omb/amg...manu_preis.pdf

Let MBUSA know that you'd like to see the AMM options available in the US and who knows, someday they might listen.

Last edited by rgbyhkr; 03-01-2004 at 07:01 AM.