bluetooth puck pairing problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 Macan, 2018 Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid, 2024 G63
bluetooth puck pairing problem

Need some advise on this:

I have had the puck for a long time now and has been working fine, recently it has stopped pairing automatically.

I have to manually pair through the phone.

First I thought something got currepted on my phone, so I removed the saved blutooth connection profile and recreated the profile on my phone by putting puck in discover mode and searching for the puck on my phone and re-establising the connection. It prompted me to auto connect and authorize the puck and I said yes to both, but still, I always have to manually establish the bluetooth connect when entering the car.

What other things that I could try - Did anyone go through somewhat similar problem??

Thanks
M
Old 10-11-2009, 04:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
Bluetooth problems

I had an LG phone that automatically paired with my Bluetooth puck. Then it started giving me problems with intermittent pairing, etc. I deleted the phone, etc and re-established the connection a few times, making sure the LG phone was in discovery mode( allowing auto connection ). It still gave me problems. I got a different phone and it worked fine, pairing automatically. Somehow, the phone had lost its ability to pair automatically. I did re-set the LG phone by removing the battery, but it was still bad. I would suggest trying a different phone.

I think I might have also disconnected my main battery in the car, to reset the Bluetooth puck. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 Macan, 2018 Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid, 2024 G63
Thanks for replying jimbo1mcm.
I got it working, I deleted the connection and then created a new bluetooth connection, but before that - I did a soft-reboot on my phone.

I think reboot did the magic.