E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Tinting Shops in San Diego

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E350 Arctic White AMG Sport package W/ P2 option, 2002 C230 kompressor Coupe
Tinting Shops in San Diego

Hi, I am looking for a tinting shop here in San Diego with a good reputation. I currently have tinting only in the back. My main goal is to have the back window tint remove and new tinting install.

This leads to my questions on quality and tint type. The current tint has lines not visible from outside but in the rear view mirror. Will new tint fix this small but very annoying defect? I am sure I will have to replace all back window tinting due to color matching of the old, not sure.

I have read other postings about ceramic tint and is it worth the cost?

The car is a CPO which already had the tinting completed.

Thanks,

Ray
Old 11-11-2009, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500 Sport
Hey Ray,

I can recommend the StereOutlet in Pacific Beach 858-581-2434. Just had my E500 done there three weeks ago and was VERY impressed at the careful and detailed effort made to produce a first rate - show quality job. The price was extremely competitve! PM me if you want specifics.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:14 PM

2005 E500 Sport
Ray,
Sorry - hit the send button to quick... Didn't answer your questions... Using ceramic tint is not recommended on our cars as it potentially interferes with the radio antenna (embeded in the glass) performance. There are plenty of good film products available that will eliminate the UV / heat damage to the interior and provide a superior look without using the ceramics. Replace your back window tint - so that the entire job is matched and can be warranteed - it only costs about $40 bucks to remove your old tint and prep for the new and the best part is that the new film can be applied as one piece on the back window. Mine came out sweet - no seems! The application was almost artistic!
Also - you probably will require felt to be applied to the side window scrapers to prevent scratches to the new film - do it - cost is about $25./door (requires pulling door panels to install - they do it no biggie!).
Old 11-11-2009, 07:30 PM

2009 E350 Arctic White AMG Sport package W/ P2 option, 2002 C230 kompressor Coupe
Rennlaufer,

Thanks for the info. I was already thinking about replacing all pieces but wanted to get some advise on which shop to use.

Ray
Old 11-12-2009, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
I don't think thats correct. Ceramic is fine. Its metallic that is the issue. Ceramic is GREAT actually and I highly recommend it. search for "tint" on this forum for w211's .. lots of people have and recommend ceramic especially huper optik.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
I go mine done at Hot SpotWindow Tinting
265 Broadway
Chula Vista, CA 91910-2319
(619) 476-1338

Call Danny for an appointment. I paid 145$. Life time warranty for bubbles, scratches, fading etc. He charges 20 $ in case you get a fixing ticket and you want him to re-do the windows.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
There are only 2 shops in SD that do top notch work. They cost a little more than the those $150 tint jobs, but definitely worth it. You can't go wrong with either shops.

1st recommendation is www.sdtint.com Andrew will walk you through all the available films, shades, and even samples of their work. They push the film all the way to the edge of the window so you can't even see any gaps.

2nd recommendation is www.thetintsource.com Lou does awesome work also leaves no gaps on the window edges. Nice and clean!

Stay away
from Tint Devil. That guy is a frickin rip off and cant cut straight!!!

Diamond Windows/Audio on Miramar Rd is another rip off! The guys there are fast, but they do half-*** jobs! 1/4" gaps and couldn't event cut it straight! Blemishes or specs of dirt in your tint and they don't thoroughly squeegee all the water out, which will eventually cause bubbles down the road.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
@W211 Ryda that exact same happens with Hot Window Tint. He tells you everything first, shows you stuff and sample gives you an overview of what the different films do etc. Then he washes all windows to make sure they are dirt and grease free. He cuts it so there are absulutely no corners or edges left untinted.

So why paying more? He does a great job, no bubbles, no streaks or scratches no nothing. And his books are so full that you usually have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks to get an appointment.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:05 PM

ford ranger
Window Tinting

Originally Posted by rsmith7
Hi, I am looking for a tinting shop here in San Diego with a good reputation. I currently have tinting only in the back. My main goal is to have the back window tint remove and new tinting install.

This leads to my questions on quality and tint type. The current tint has lines not visible from outside but in the rear view mirror. Will new tint fix this small but very annoying defect? I am sure I will have to replace all back window tinting due to color matching of the old, not sure.

I have read other postings about ceramic tint and is it worth the cost?

The car is a CPO which already had the tinting completed.

Thanks,

Ray
I would make sure that you get a manufacturer backed warranty not just a lifetime warranty through the shop. (cause if that shop goes out of buiss. you have no warranty.)so when you call around for qoutes I would ask if it is a manufacturer lifetime warranty BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

I recommend Tint Tech in Pacific Beach. They use Llumar window film. and also gave me a free bike rental while I waited. Got it done about a year ago and still looks awesome. Hope this was helpful.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:37 PM

I guess I have a little reviewing of the shops that have been recommended.

Thank you all for the feedback.

Ray
Old 11-25-2009, 03:07 AM

2009 E350
I got my ceramic tint at sdtint. Good guys there. The tint on my front windshield had little squiggles when I looked straight out. It wasn't super bothersome but I knew it was there. They replaced tint, no questions asked. I was told it's hardly noticeable but they did see it and my satisfaction was what was important to them.