Help with cigarette lighter fuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
bmw
Help with cigarette lighter fuse

Hi
I blew my lighter fuse. Was tyring to charge my cell phone and not sure what caused it to go bad.

Searched this forum and found that the fuse that needs to be replaced is #54 under the hood. Sure enough the fuse was bad, replaced the fuse and put the lighter back in the holder and it blew again.

Have tried a couple of fuses now but every time they break.

I'ts not a big deal I can always take it back to the dealership the car is like 6 months old. However would love to avoid the trip.

Could it be the type of fuse, i bought replacement 15A blue fuses from my local pepboys.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Old 11-25-2009, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E350 4Matic / Sport with P1
Originally Posted by wildcard011
Hi
I blew my lighter fuse. Was tyring to charge my cell phone and not sure what caused it to go bad.

Searched this forum and found that the fuse that needs to be replaced is #54 under the hood. Sure enough the fuse was bad, replaced the fuse and put the lighter back in the holder and it blew again.

Have tried a couple of fuses now but every time they break.

I'ts not a big deal I can always take it back to the dealership the car is like 6 months old. However would love to avoid the trip.

Could it be the type of fuse, i bought replacement 15A blue fuses from my local pepboys.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Cuz, there's probably something amiss within the cigarette lighter itself (from the last time you inserted the charger), causing it to continually short out. If you're confident in your mechanical abilities, take the lighter sleeve apart to see what's causing the short. Or, just use the rear lighter-outlet until you get the car's first service.