Very rare US CDI on ebay (not mine)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 04:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E320CDI
Originally Posted by lkchris
Mercedes calls it Andradite Green in rest of world. #816

Just like my GL's "Desert Silver" is Travertine Beige elsewhere.

MBUSA thinks Americans can't handle "odd" color names, it appears.

Guess they figured Americans would not want a car with paint color named after a stone so they named it after a mountain in Napal (Everest) for the U.S. market.

Go figure, some marketeer probably took a while to think that one up.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by edwinwalke
Guess they figured Americans would not want a car with paint color named after a stone so they named it after a mountain in Napal (Everest) for the U.S. market.

Go figure, some marketeer probably took a while to think that one up.
Lol, it's hilarious the things companies pay money for sometimes.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Wow!

Judging by your stable listing, fuel costs should be the least of your worries. You know, Miatas are a lot of fun and get about 2X the mileage of your beasts, if it's fuel use that you worry about a lot.

Originally Posted by Boulder GT3
Congrats on the CDI. I'm selling mine after owning it for a year. It's really too bad that Americans in general have such a lousy opinion of diesels. The car is fast, doesn't smell, and get's crazy good mileage. Only knock offs are some rattle and a little more expensive to maintain. It's a real answer now that can cut energy use. It's pretty easy to run the math and see how modern diesels could save 10% of consumption and that would have a very material impact on oil pricing. off the soap box now.

Enjoy the car.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320 CDI, SL550, clk550
Originally Posted by nopcbs
Judging by your stable listing, fuel costs should be the least of your worries. You know, Miatas are a lot of fun and get about 2X the mileage of your beasts, if it's fuel use that you worry about a lot.
I agree, lot's of contradiction in talking about CDI economy and green benefits while having several fuel thirsty cars. I just think the MD diesels are good at what they do saves fuel in the process. It feels like the right thing to do and makes sense for a driver. I can't say that about hybrids which if you look at cradle to grave probably aren't as wonderful for the environment as they may appear in the ads.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by Boulder GT3
I can't say that about hybrids which if you look at cradle to grave probably aren't as wonderful for the environment as they may appear in the ads.
100% correct. Having to dispose of the parts of these hybrids such as the batteries is a tough process. You can't just dump them. It's almost like getting rid of nuclear waste (well not as close) but at least with a nuclear powered car you wouldn't use any gas

The clean diesels and smaller engines w/ forced induction or direct injection are a much better way to go.