E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Nav DVD won't Eject!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 02:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E550 Sports
Nav DVD won't Eject!

Not to be negative, but my car has been giving me nothing but trouble. I am pretty much the VIP at my local dealer. Now I am trying to replace my aging Nav DVD with a newer updated version, and guess what? no matter if I press the eject once, twice three, four times it will just blink at me and nothing will happen and lights will turn off. same thing with holding the eject button still no help.. I am out of ideas besides going back to dealer or use a hammer on this damn thing.. Anyone ever experience this kind of issue before?
The following users liked this post:
rkliemt (11-05-2020)
Old 12-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
It seems there is an interlock with opening the trunk. After you press the eject button on the nav drive, how long do you wait? You might give it a little more time. It is on the slow side similar to blueray disc homeplayers. Pressing the button numerous times will confuse it. Do it once and wait. On mine I've timed it once and it took almost 20 sec for the DVD to be ejected.

HTH
Old 12-25-2009, 02:56 AM

2007 E550 Sports
No dice.. No matter how long I waited, nothing happend. I did hear a faint spinning sound to a complete stop but heard nothing else. I guess I have no choice but to bring it to the dealer.. I was hoping there is some trick to eject the dvd.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:23 PM

2008 ML350
Are you sure the DVD is in the drive?

I had the same problem with my nav DVD. Turn out someone stole the DVD ... probably when I took it to get detailed. Didn’t discover it was missing until weeks later. Try to insert a DVD or CD just to make sure your DVD is in the drive.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Have you tried to slide the dvd drive out of the harness and unplug it. That will usually reset it and you will be able to eject the dvd. This has happened to my drive before.