E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

New (2006) E350 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350 Sport- Black on Black
New (2006) E350 Owner

Looks like I found a good place to learn about this new car I took possession over. I bought a 2006 E350, black with 28,000 miles on it, sport package and I think premium package 2 on it. Anyway, I have been looking at other new cars in the 30K price range and decided to go this route and have something that looks and feels "premium". I guess I never saw such a sexy interior!

I am a little intimidated by all the technology on this car. Hope it all works for a long time. I see you all call this car a W211? I guess I got a lot to learn. What else should I be doing, besides driving it? I am an engineer/do-it-yourself'er type.

From the first 2 weeks of driving I did notice the downshift into 1st "bump" that comes from a rolling stop. I read pages and pages of info from that. Not sure what the conclusion was. Just seems part of the normal program.

Anyway, nice to know that you are all here talking about this stuff. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
WE NEED PICS!!!!! Lol, it's like crack for us.

Congrats on the car.

I don't think they went with the P1, P2, P3 route on cars before 2007. You can check www.cars.com under the research section and look up your car and see which packages your car has.

06 was a good year, generally speaking, quality wise for these cars. You get the updated 3.5 engine vs the older 3.2 engine (which includes a better intake system, less noise, etc), 7 speed tranny (unless 4matic) instead of 5 speed, and some other stuff.

Congrats and welcome aboard
Old 12-28-2009, 07:45 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Congrats!

My car to this day feels like a privilege to drive in, and am still excited to get in and drive it around. Makes for a nice environment when beating around the battle-field that is public roads.

The "bump" is a problem with these Trannies, if your car is under Warranty still, I recommend hounding Dealers until they do something to attempt to fix it. I went over and over again, and they finally once felt a hiccup enough to change the Valve Body out.

It does seem to have helped a bit, but in "S" mode, the Tranny is a bit too jittery for my tastes. Keeping it in "C" mode pretty much makes it perfect.