E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320 cdi
accident AMG conversion?

Ok my wife had a accident today in our 2006 e320 looks like hood bumper grill and fender will have to be replaced my question is should I do the 07+ facelift conversion when we have it repaired if so does anyone know if they would be much difference in price.

Last edited by mailman2000; 01-17-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by mailman2000
Ok my wife had a accident today in our 2006 e320 looks like hood bumper grill and fender will have to be replaced my question is should I do the 07+ facelift conversion when we have it repaired if so does anyone know if they would be much difference in price.
Actually it is whatevery you prefer.

However my experience is when you deviate from the way it was for the model year you have a harder time selling and getting the $$ out of it.

But if you really like the new look do it!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by vettdvr
Actually it is whatevery you prefer.

However my experience is when you deviate from the way it was for the model year you have a harder time selling and getting the $$ out of it.

But if you really like the new look do it!
Correct, and in addition to being more difficult to sell it will decrease the value of the car.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:53 AM

e320 cdi
yeah was thinking that dont really plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. I was also thinking maybe even the amg bumper.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:29 PM

e320 cdi
bump
Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 AM

2005 E500 Sport
I respectfully disagree with the opinions here... If there is data to support actually devaluing the car by doing the facelift, I'd really love to see it. Value is dependant upon who's making the offer. If you intend to trade the car into a dealer - they'll likely use it as an excuse to offer you less (as they always do). But if your selling the car to a private party; I'd say [presuming a proffessional installation with genuine OE parts] there would be plenty of interest from members of this and other forums.
Bottom line - beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I like the look of the newer E63's and plan to update mine as finances permit.
As for anwer to your original question re: cost... The parts are approx. the same cost regardless of trim level. The AMG trim level does end up running up the bill a few hundred overall, because the individual items nickel and dime ya, but in your situation - you might be able to negotiate the difference away as a package repair deal. Then kick in the extra $1600 or so you'll need for the rear bumper and trim and have them paint the whool deal at once.
I say seize the opportunity!!!! Good luck and post pic's when finished.
Cheers!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by Rennlaufer
I respectfully disagree with the opinions here... If there is data to support actually devaluing the car by doing the facelift, I'd really love to see it. Value is dependant upon who's making the offer. If you intend to trade the car into a dealer - they'll likely use it as an excuse to offer you less (as they always do). But if your selling the car to a private party; I'd say [presuming a proffessional installation with genuine OE parts] there would be plenty of interest from members of this and other forums.
Bottom line - beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I like the look of the newer E63's and plan to update mine as finances permit.
As for anwer to your original question re: cost... The parts are approx. the same cost regardless of trim level. The AMG trim level does end up running up the bill a few hundred overall, because the individual items nickel and dime ya, but in your situation - you might be able to negotiate the difference away as a package repair deal. Then kick in the extra $1600 or so you'll need for the rear bumper and trim and have them paint the whool deal at once.
I say seize the opportunity!!!! Good luck and post pic's when finished.
Cheers!
Any change away from standard configuration limits the number of possible buyers and thus reduces the value of the vehicle. If you are lucky enough to find the right person it may take a far longer period of time. As far as people on this forum being interested, I for one would not be and this forum represents only a minute percentage of buyers. His accident alone with a carfax report will also limit the number of buyers and lower the value.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500 & ML500
Originally Posted by sosh
Any change away from standard configuration limits the number of possible buyers and thus reduces the value of the vehicle. If you are lucky enough to find the right person it may take a far longer period of time. As far as people on this forum being interested, I for one would not be and this forum represents only a minute percentage of buyers. His accident alone with a carfax report will also limit the number of buyers and lower the value.
I agree, the average consumer will not recognize/appreciate the updated facelift (unlike most enthusiasts). Like most car modifications, you will not get a return on your investment if you sell your vehicle. Your best bet would be to find someone in your area, who is willing to trade his pre-facelift for your facelift plus some cash when you do plan on selling (granted that the parts are the same color).
Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 AM

W211 Elegance Saloon
Originally Posted by mailman2000
My suggestion is to communicate what you want with the repair shop and tell them what you are looking for and that it will cost the same as the original MY parts. If you have the mech/tech on your side it will be greater leverage for an insurance company approval

re: resale vale...if you like it do it. I would never look at a car or mods or what have you as any type of financial investment. An update may make you feel as though you have a new car and you'll keep it for a few more years. At that point, TIV will be not exactly a great number.

Last edited by fortlaudsummer; 01-21-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:45 AM

W211 Elegance Saloon
No one has asked the most important question: Is your wife ok?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:45 AM

e320 cdi
Yes she is ok the thanks estimate was 6100.00 at the dealer car is there now they are going to tell me price difference